BROWNFACE :-)

Tubiflex

Inspired
This has become my absolute favourite cleanamp in nearly all my my clean presets.

Set the drive at 4 something, bass low, mid neutral, treble without the brightswich(important!)and set it round 6, bright neutral. hf res. 4.33, master 8-9 and I´m in heaven.
Have to say I play a Gibson the paul, which has a dark sound but I always use my neckpu. in spiltcoil for a more stratísh sound.

Yes, it's a great sim. Though you dial it in pretty dark. Which cab?

Yes, it's a great sim. Though you dial it in pretty dark. Which cab?

I play with powersims on cabsims off and go to the effectreturn of my Sessionette 75 mk2 Mosfet powered amp with a celestion G12k80. If I play in my appartment i only use one and l+r sum. If i play live I play stereo and use two Sessionettes each with a extensioncab with 1xV30, that gives me a great soundcombination and power. The G12k80 are more clean and have more top and bottom, whereals the v30 has that upper midrangy sound and breaks up a little easyer.

The Brownface and Buttery are my two fave low-gainers of the moment. Of course, I'm sure I'll "discover" a new clean amp as well at some point and have another "flavor of the month". It's almost like owning your own gear shop. :)

It's a great clean amp and it's great when you dial the gain up nearer to 6, put a little hair on it and use the guitar volume to clean it up or a pedal to push it further. As Zenaxe said, it is almost like owning your own gear shop. I'm so quickly and easily pleased with the amp sounds in the II vs Ultra. I liked them in the Ultra, but I had to tweak them a lot more.

Nice! great ideas! I was messing around with these settings and ended up with this :)

I did end up voxing the amp a bit by turning down the damp and up the bias. I think I am in a Class A phase at the moment ;)

For some reason I never used this amp too much before.

Jens

Sweet tone, Jens! You've found a nice home right on the edge of breakup.

Hi!
Don't forget to try the FAS Clean.
It's very good when you want to place a drive in front or for fat clean solos, not that good for thin strummings.
Maybe it's not the best choice for paulas, it's great for strats and teles.

Of course :)

I was playing it this morning at a higher volume and turned down the hi-cut and high frequency resonance a bit. That's in the 20/09/11 preset.

Jens

Attachments

• Brownface 19-09-11.syx
    2 KB · Views: 12
  • Brownface 20-09-11.syx
    2 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom