Brilliant!

Burgs

Power User
I wrote this one as a sort of kitchen-sink preset for my own live use. It's built around the new AC30 Brilliant (which it certainly is). Eight Scenes of varying gain with a few different satellite effects and some different drive scenes. This began life in the Axe-FX III Turbo but easily ported to the FM9 (which must be running FW V.7.00 or later).

I'll put up a video explaining it later (on the Axe Preset forum), but in the meantime you can try this out for yourself if you're interested. Voiced with Strats, Teles and moderate output PAF's.

*The wah's on auto-engage, so be careful of that as you may have different expression pedal settings, etc.

Attachments

• Brilliant!.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
This began life in the Axe-FX III Turbo but easily ported to the FM9 (which must be running FW V.7.00 or later).
Not only this, but all the latest CX3 patches you've shared here and on Axe-Change are loading to FM3T FW8 with nothing but a small layout break at the end of the chain which can be fixed in seconds. I have no idea if AMP2/CAB2/PITCH2/etc. blocks are lost during this (I don't think so, there are no shunts to other rows), but FM3T has enough power to run these presets.

I'm not sure if it makes sense for me to upload them here for others to skip the layout fixing part (LMK if makes sense) but any FM3T owner can easily load Burgs's presets, fix layout, maybe remove blocks they won't need (like I remove wah - never really use it smh), maybe some patches will need Reverb to have 4 voices instead of 8 Burgs uses.
FM3 without T might need some other block removed for some of the presets.

Thank you so much for these @Burgs , they are so great, can't get enough of them!

Thanks for sharing!
I suppose there's something more on the preset but this is just to highlight the big achievements on the FM3 new firmware!

Just removed the Wah... FM3 mk1
Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 23.13.42.png

I wrote this one as a sort of kitchen-sink preset for my own live use. It's built around the new AC30 Brilliant (which it certainly is). Eight Scenes of varying gain with a few different satellite effects and some different drive scenes. This began life in the Axe-FX III Turbo but easily ported to the FM9 (which must be running FW V.7.00 or later).

I'll put up a video explaining it later (on the Axe Preset forum), but in the meantime you can try this out for yourself if you're interested. Voiced with Strats, Teles and moderate output PAF's.

*The wah's on auto-engage, so be careful of that as you may have different expression pedal settings, etc.
Since the new amp model is so good, and this is also one of your presets, I think the unabridged Bono quote is applicable.... ;)

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing!
I suppose there's something more on the preset but this is just to highlight the big achievements on the FM3 new firmware!

Just removed the Wah... FM3 mk1
View attachment 139633
FYI, cab block is dramatically different on FM3. Burgs is using 3 cabs in the preset, but FM3 only supports 2. I tried a few other AC30 Blue IR's and found one that I think sounds better.

Back
Top Bottom