*BRAND NEW* MFC-101 Labelling System imminent!! Next gen KickTags launching in September!

Hey folks! Apologies for the delay in getting the details of the new MFC Uni-Surrounds posted, but here's the skinny. Over the next few posts I'll show the system, how it all works and the cool 'Wonk-proof' features of the new Uni-Surrounds, with lots of pictures. I'm really pleased with how these have worked out - I really hope you like them too :)

To start, here's a naked MFC-101 about to get dressed in some new Uni-Surround KickTags...

IMG_8920_zpsvxci2ppo.jpg

Ok! A full Uni-Surround set for the MFC consists of 4 Surrounds - one for each row of the MFC. Here they are...

IMG_8921_zpsqeqvmhrs.jpg

Here's the back of one of the Uni-Surrounds. Each one is made of solid laser-cut acrylic and has magnetic strips with powerful NeoDymium magnets embedded. The magnetic strips are there to ensure the Surround can't pivot back and forth when you step on them, but it's the Neo magnet that keeps them nicely stuck to the board.

EACH Neo magnet can lift nearly half a kilo of vertical steel weight, and there are FOUR in each Surround!!! These puppies aren't coming off unless you want them to :)

IMG_8926_zpsrsewdvbi.jpg

Putting the Uni-Surrounds on, with each falling into place with a satisfying 'click' as the Neo Magnets attach to the MFC :)

First, I'm going to label the board up in a way that's the most minimalist in terms of labelling; just text labels and no use of tiles whatsoever. For this, I'll be making 'blank' tiles available to put into the tile slots in the surround.

IMG_8929_zpsoaxmwwak.jpg

And here's a vid of my slightly over the top attempt at simulating live abuse that would normally make regular labels go wonky. Of course, they don't, as the Uni-Surrounds have brought an end to Wonking as we know it!!!

(Toffee, our 3 month old pup, at the end, suitably impressed by the total absence of Wonking)

You can also blank out entire switches with the Uni-Surrounds, by popping a plain black 'blanker' in the surround instead of a text label. This is great if, for any given gig, you want to only highlight the functions you are going to use for the show, and hide the others to avoid any distraction.

I'm going to blank out the entire middle section. First, you need to pop the Uni-Surround off the board, like so...

IMG_8938_zps1movgupk.jpg

Done! A quick, neat and easy way to blank out any switches u don't want to use for any gig. Less distraction = more betterer :)

IMG_8940_zps5lxz09ew.jpg

Back
Top Bottom