Brand new Axefx Ultra DOA!!!!!

loopy

Just received my brand new Axefx Ultra in Australia and the unit is dead on arrival.

I see it flash momentarily after the power supply is pulled out and when the switch is in the right position.

I am spewing - I have been waiting for over a month to get this thing through Australian customs and its cost alot of money.

Am waiting on a response from the technical support email address.

I hope I wont have to wait too long as I have shows coming up which I now need the unit for!!!!

Brett

Sorry to hear that dude. Hope it can all be sorted out for you. I'm also in Australia and about to get one. Wish me luck, I'll need that.

yeah sitting a month in a government facililty... with government employees... I can't imagine what happened. Oh no we have to fill out more paper work to get government issue door stops. Just use something from the other pile.

I would pop the hood and check all the connections inside.

Firstpenguin said:
yeah sitting a month in a government facililty... with government employees... I can't imagine what happened. Oh no we have to fill out more paper work to get government issue door stops. Just use something from the other pile.

I would pop the hood and check all the connections inside.
Very sorry to hear about this, bro - yes, I would open her up and check to see that all connectors & plugable chips are fully seated. Perhaps Cliff or Tom can recommend a few tests to try as well. Keep in mind when lifting the lid off that the fan cable is attached & may need to be unplugged.

Best of luck!

~Rad~

HEy Brett
dont stress, i had an issue with my standard too (im in sydney) and the support was fast they actually sent me a new motherboard and i had a local tech switch it in, there is nothing to it if that can happen and much cheaper for all concerned than paying for shipping back and forth....
where abouts are you in oz...??

Its all good, support have got back to me and I'll be sending it back to get a replacement.

I could look inside and all that jazz but if there's anything wrong with it I'd rather a brand new one.

Just frustrating as hell after waiting for it - Im excited to start using the bloody thing!

Cheers
Brett

I've had no problems with my axe, but there a few threads popping up about reliability issues recently. Are there a lot of failures with this unit?
Genuine question.

hideous said:
I've had no problems with my axe, but there a few threads popping up about reliability issues recently. Are there a lot of failures with this unit?
Genuine question.

Don't hold your breath for a "genuine" answer. AFAIK, nobody outside Fractal / G66 would be in a position to know, and they probably wouldn't advertise if there were. From user stories it seems support is rock solid, though.

Beefcake said:
hideous said:
Genuine question.

Don't hold your breath for a "genuine" answer. AFAIK, nobody outside Fractal / G66 would be in a position to know, and they probably wouldn't advertise if there were. From user stories it seems support is rock solid, though.

Consumer Reports says 15% of general consumer electronics fail after 3-4 years, with laptops having a 41% failure rate and desktops 30%. I would wager the axe failure rate is considerably lower than this.

And I read lot of posts saying " I just got my Axe", " I ordered one" , etc.
It's logical that as sales increase, the absolute number of units that fails also increases.

That's why consumer review sites are of not much help to say anything about reliability. People complain earlier than sharing enthusiasm.

Regards,
Marco

Same thing here... At first I was able to turn the unit on, but no presets were there... Then, I used Axe-Edit to transfer some presets just to discover they would be gone after I turned my unit off. Now, when I try to turn it on, either I see all the front lights on and the display full of dots, or the unit comes up with a blank LCD.

Already sent an email to support. Waiting to have my unit replaced.

Wizard9 said:
Same thing here... At first I was able to turn the unit on, but no presets were there... Then, I used Axe-Edit to transfer some presets just to discover they would be gone after I turned my unit off. Now, when I try to turn it on, either I see all the front lights on and the display full of dots, or the unit comes up with a blank LCD.

Already sent an email to support. Waiting to have my unit replaced.

Sounds like a different problem than the OP. It might just be the battery is dead in your case.

Back
Top Bottom