Blending 2 Amps with Expression - Volume?

nater

Experienced
So I created a patch last night with the idea of blending two amps (kinda clean and lead). I chose the Euro Blue and Euro Red. Using a Vol/Pan block I tied my exp pedal to the balance control and set the Red with Left Input and Blue with Right Input. I'm really liking this ability to go from blue (heel down) to red (toe down) and especially the in between tones with some of each. It's a cool lead tone that still has some clarity and punch. Anyway.... the problem I'm having is when I'm in between the two amps, I get a volume bump (I guess because when balance is in the middle, then both amps are getting a full signal?). So then I tied the same pedal to the "volume" control of the Vol/Pan block and set both min and max at 100%, but I left the "mid" down around 50% or so. So, when my pedal is roughly half-way, then the volume should be down to 50%, however, even by doing that, I'm not able to minimize the volume hump. Actually, I tried the mid setting all the way up and down and did not notice a change in volume when the pedal is around the mid setting.

Anyone try this? How are you dealing with volume hump when mixing two amps? Maybe I'm not using the correct settings on the "curve" of the modifier.

EDIT - It just occurred to me that putting the VOL/PAN block AFTER the amps might work better. Currently, I've got it before the amps. Or maybe 2 blocks (one to split the signal before the amps, and one after to reduce the volume when in that "mid" position.

Suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom