BFD2 vs SD 2 vs SSD 3.5 ?

There's also "Addictive Drums" which is by far the second best drum program I've used. Superior Drummer is the best ofcourse and it sure does have grooves... unless... you are using some weird warezed version that doesn't have them. :D

Scott Peterson said:
Doc said:
iaresee said:
Slight tangent but: where are you guys getting grooved from? I flat out suck at making my own grooves and the EZD add-ons I have didn't come with that many. Nothing worse than having a groove in your head and having to wade through the groove library and never come close.

OK, I´m OT here but IMHO the days of using static midi patterns for creating drum grooves should belong to the past.
Look up Jamstix 3 by Rayzoon (http://www.rayzoon.com).
It creates grooves according to your specifications IN REALTIME, NON-STATIC. It even models the unique-ness of different, well- known drummers.
It´s the bomb.

It comes with it´s own library which is decent but it can subhost any premium library as well.
I use it with AD and SSD.

I worked with the demo this morning and then bought the program. Extremely impressed. I am a SD2 user, but the groove building with Jamstix3 is exceptionally intuitive, fast and sounded better in 30 minutes on something I had spent days working on.

Thanks for the tip. Awaiting my download links and license number. Very cool.

My pleasure, Scott! :D
Ralph is as dedicated as Cliff.
If any problems come up: The Rayzoon forum is unbelievably helpful, too.
(And I moderate there BTW... ).
Have fun with Jamstix!

Sorry for the late reaction (duties.. holidays..)

I am utterly convinced the Jamstix is da bomb. After getting into it in depth over the past few weeks - this is the way to work. It's a brilliant concept done that works. Exceptionally helpful to my creative flow; and it allows you to create some drum tracks that are unique and authentic. Love it.

Virtuoso said:
SD2 + the Music City SDX is awesome. Totally convincing sounds and very tweakable. I bought all the MIDI packs too - the grooves are the best I've heard - way better than GrooveMonkey.

I also have the SSD EX kits, which are very heavily processed and far less detailed than the SD ones (good kicks though). I got the set for $29 so I can't really complain. :)

audioholic said:
I felt like EZ drummer and most of the expansions were a bit too processed sounding, too bright and didn't sit well as compared to AD's more natural sound.
Most of the EZ Drummer addons aren't that great, but the 'Nashville' pack is fantastic for pop and classic rock. I used it all the time before I got SD2.

SSD are processed but you can remove it easy enough, so that's irrelevant . I'm pretty happy with SSD ex and some expansion packs. All I'll ever need.

Scott Peterson said:
I am utterly convinced the Jamstix is da bomb. After getting into it in depth over the past few weeks - this is the way to work. It's a brilliant concept done that works. Exceptionally helpful to my creative flow; and it allows you to create some drum tracks that are unique and authentic. Love it.

It really is amazing.

I use EZ and Superior for sequenced drums and like them both. Never tried BFD. When I watched the BFD videos, it seemed like their top velocity samples were not hit hard enough (for much of my type of music) by the drummer. I could be wrong.

For live performance, our drummer uses the samples from EZ and Superior manually loaded into Gigastudio 3. It was a major PITA. While GS3 has many limitations and is no longer available, you can't beat the latency of GSIF-2 drivers. Too bad Tascam destroyed it. If anyone is getting less than 4 ms latency with other drivers, please let me know. I'd love to get rid of GS3.

I use BFD2. It has amazing, very realistic sounds. However, the library is enormous and as a non-drummer the super deep level of control is a bit overwhelming. It's similar to what I feel the Axe-FX would be like for a drummer who's just picking up guitar but knows very little about it and wants a simple effects processor to play with.

Back
Top Bottom