Beta 9 test with the USA IIC+Brt/Dp, Stereo BBD and OH Zilla IR's

Black Bitch

Fractal Fanatic
Just got myself the Fremen's Pick Preset Pack and here is one of his Synth Patches with the USA IIC+Brt/Dp. I put the SPKR Comp knob on 5, changed to the Stereo BBD and used 2 212 Zilla IR's from the Ownhammer Heavy Hitters Collection 2 Cab Pack. What a great difference the SPKR Comp does to the sound - more warm and sweet. I love it on all the presets I've been trying so far.

Last edited:
Wow...thank you very much Hubi - I just was having some fun with the Synth Patch. Its amazing what the SPKR Comp does to feel when I play. :cool:

What I love about Speaker Comp is how it brings out the "chirp" on the unwound strings. Listen to all those great classic Marshall guitar tones and there's that chirp.

I can't wait to try Q9 beta this weekend for just this reason. I am extremely happy with the Plexi guitar tones and feel I've gotten with Q8.02, but A/B'ing them vs recorded clips of really good cranked Plexis everything lined up except the chirpiness of the unwound strings. I could never reproduce it with any advanced setting I tried. I love that this is getting improved.

Just got myself the Fremen's Pick Preset Pack and here is one of his Synth Patches with the USA IIC+Brt/Dp. I put the SPKR Comp knob on 5, changed to the Stereo BBD and used 2 212 Zilla IR's from the Ownhammer Heavy Hitters Collection 2 Cab Pack. What a great difference the SPKR Comp does to the sound - more warm and sweet. I love it on all the presets I've been trying so far.

Love it Tony!

Man that sounds so nice, I was going to wait until the final release but I think you just convinced me to give Q9b a try :) Oh and I think I need to get Fremen's new preset pack, I've used the one of his older preset packs for a long time but this new one sounds fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom