Bestest Expression Pedal For MFC 101?!?!

Sayt0n

Hey guys,
I wanted to hear some feedback on some expression pedals you may be using or may have used with the MFC 101 ( ernieball/boss/dunlop/mission..etc ). Which ones work good and which ones work best?! What have you tried compared to what you are using now if you switched out and how do they compare in terms of feel and depth of range (sensativity... toe-heel/heel-toe). All feedback/comments/criticism is much appreciated!

***I am going to be running one that stays a volume pedal that controls the final output and one that will be used as a wah/whammy. 2 expression pedals total***

Last edited:
My recommendation: Get 2 Mission pedals and don't waste your time with the other brands - you won't be sorry. A regular expression pedal for volume/FX, and a spring loaded one for wah/whammy. The Boss FV500 pedal I have has very large dead spots on both the heel and toe that make it very annoying to use, plus it (and a full size Ernie Ball pedal) is physically bigger than it needs to be (imho). My spring loaded Mission pedal works perfectly for me, usually set up to auto-engage wah until I enable the pitch block (whammy) on my MFC.

Good luck!

I have a mission pedal but actually really like my converted cry baby pedal I made. Bought a used cry baby and did a small conversion and have less than $30.00 in it

Thanks for the info man.

Still, i've got a couple of old broken crybabies and many switchcraft jacks, dpdt switches and 100K wah pots. I wonder if lizzie used the stock 100K crybaby's pot or some other special pot. If he did use the stock wah pot (and it works like it's supposed to) then it will cost me nothing... ;)

Thanks guys....im gonna check them out and then im gonna make my pick. I am using 2 ernie ball jr's right now and love the feel of those pedals. I didnt want to get rid of them but they arent working right with the setup im running now.

Well...you guys convinced me well enough. Just ordered 2 mission ep1's. One in red and one in black both with the reverse polarity switches. Black will be my volume, and the red will be my wah/whammy. I am also going to be making some mods to my MFC. Ill upload the pics of my whole pedalboard in a week or two once everything comes in and I finalize everything. Thanks again guys!! Good help is always easy to find here.

I use three pedals on my rig:

The Boss EV-5 (Steve Vai's choice) is small, lightweight and extremely reliable. It is fast, clean, and very linear.

The Boss FV-10 (Dweezil Zappa's choice) has a very long and smooth throw and can easily be used for very subtle changes.

The Mission EP-1 (John Petrucci's choice) has a familiar form factor, rugged build, and is available with an optional toe-switch that can likewise be connected to the MFC-101.

Any/all of these are excellent choices.

ANY BODY USE THE behringer expression pedal? Im runnin out of cash

Something cheap you think you could live with.....after a while you decide to buy the real thing and once more some gear lying around and it is to cheap to sell it and to nice to throw away, and you collect second best solutions everywhere...this is really expensive!.....you could let it be and buy a EV-5, wouldn't that be better?

Anyone using 3 mission pedals. I currently have 2 but am thinking of having 3. 1 for Wah (with spring), 1 for shimmer, 1 for whammy / everything else (expression with footswitch)

Back
Top Bottom