Best way to get additional switches for AX8?

bjjp2

Power User
Just want to free up some switches on the unit itself. I don’t use scenes but would like to have access to additional effects. What’s the best available device to do this?

You can plug any footswitch you like into any of the four jacks on the AX8.

I have both the Morningstar MC-6 and the Voes MC-5Jr. The pros and cons of each are pretty obvious when you just look at them and think how they would work. The MC-6 with it's screen and it's extra expression pedal inputs is a lot more flexible and it's easier to see on the screen what each button does. It's also a lot easier to use different pages with different functions as again the screen will tell you what happens. The MC-5Jr works really well as a Scene 1-5 controller and that's what I used it for. You can program it just fine in VMware Fusion on a Mac, I tried it and briefly used button 5 as an external controller to use a global lead boost but quickly reverted back to Scene 1-5. It comes factory setup with Scene 1-5.

I've used the MC-5Jr more but I've always used scenes. I've just recently removed it from my board as I'm thinking of simplify my setup, possibly down to just the AX8 and a couple of external expression knobs for quick volume adjustments.

One thing I really liked with the Morningstar MC-6 though was that I always have one momentary button as quick boost. This has always used some extra block or something just for this. With the MC-6 I could use two buttons as one External Controller with one momentary and one latching making the one block or other function much more useable.

I've got the Voes MC5jr and use it scenes 1-5

It's very good and havent really had the need for it to do anything else. I can add things like the Boss FS7 if I want any further switching options

Thanks. Would be perfect but no Mac support apparently. (Which I only know from reading this forum. The limitation to Windows is well hidden on the website, if there at all.)

It was surely not intended to be hidden. It's mentioned in the download section, but I must agree that's not the most logical place. So I updated my website and explained it under the section Editor.

For what it's worth, the MC can be shipped pre-programmed if you want.

Morningstar is out of stock but I bought one used. Looking forward to trying it. Still open to other suggestions. Would definitely have bought the Voes but for the no Mac limitation. I don’t have any PCs and I’m not about to load VMFusion just for this.

Check “dS engineering”. Single and dual switches with led or without, compact, budget friendly. Perfect for my extra switch need.

I use a 3 buttons footswitch from Digitech (FS300), but I had to modify it from one TRS to three TS; very small, very handy
Hello Sergio !!! I’m just checking if I can use my old Digitech Footswitch like your’a and I like to know how to mod mine like you did, if it’s possible...

Thanks a lot !!!

Back
Top Bottom