Best Small FRFR that sounds like Studio Monitors - HiFi sound?

Skyze

Inspired
So I've experimented a lot unfortunately, and im still not 100% happy..

I started the journey into FRFR with the Axe Ultra and a EV SX300A - which was pretty good I'll admit (although the Yorkville NX50P was better) but I decided to upgrade to the AxeFX II. With the II, my SX300A sounded pretty "blah" - odd since the II was supposed to be so much better than the Ultra. I am always in search of the lightest/smallest size rig, so getting the CLR isnt an option for me. I tried the Matrix Q12, and it wasn't for me honestly, I want a more HiFi sound. I ended up buying the EV ZXA1 which was the smallest FRFR I could find. After a month, im unfortunately finding it isnt quite making the II sound like I want either, I still prefer the Ultra even.

Of course, putting the II into my cheap studio monitors, sounds 1000 times better.. so I know the II is good, I just can't amplify it right now.

So what should my next step be? Of course at home I will be playing thru studio monitors 99% of the time going forward, it just sounds so much better.. But for gigging, I need an option. Do the Mackie DLM8's or Yamaha DXR10's have that kind of "hifi" sound?? Nothing over 40 lbs, and nothing massive in size like the EV ZLX12 (frankly, think im done with EV, just not for me)

I guess I'd like to keep it under $1000.. solely because since I wont be able to try it out before buying (nowhere here stocks anything but Yorkville and Line6) - I dont wanna risk spending so much without hearing it first

I wish I could just use studio monitors as wedges/personal monitors live lol (Yes I know that wont work)

Back
Top Bottom