Best Clean tone share here

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
My EJ type pre set got corrupted somehow -when I touch the string a buzz occurs. Anyhow many clean tones I have tried are thin and not amazing. If you have one worthy of sharing put it here. Thanks!

DISREGARD the EJ blues pre set here, it was from my Ultra and loaded by mistake see the next post for 2 of my favorites.

Last edited:
Here is the correct clean biggest fattest one I have heard after trying dozens that sound thin and anemic. Think Eric Johnson's SRV tune for context of what I am shooting for. The Dr. Z one is still the best of all the attempts posted. It is the perfect blend power and just enough grit.

Last edited:
Tone, for these tones I use a Ibanez At100 (Andy Timmons signature axe with Dimarzio cruisers in the neck and middle and his hum in the bridge). My go to cleans are either the neck single coil or the 2 position splitting the humbucker and middle cruiser. So to answer your question yes looking for the killer fat strat tone!

My Axe is on stage right now ready for a gig.
I'll send you a couple of good clean tones when I'm able to connect it to my computer ...

Sounds like it needs to be something like a big 6L6 cathode-biased tone and not muddy, so like a cleaned up 5X3 circuit (5E3 with 6L6s)

Here are two clean presets I use:
The HRM is a Dumble style preset. I made it for my HSH guitar so it's primarily oriented to a humbucker but works well with single coil too.
The Pride and Joy is a modification of the original preset by the same name. Beautiful clean SRV tone.
Let me know if this helps or if I'm way off the mark with this ...

Attachments

• HRM Sparkle.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Pride 'n Joy.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 117
Patzag,
thanks for sharing these, the SRV tone is excellent. When I load HRM, the cab is empty....maybe you use redwires?....can your recommend a stock cab
thanks

Here are two clean presets I use:
The HRM is a Dumble style preset. I made it for my HSH guitar so it's primarily oriented to a humbucker but works well with single coil too.
The Pride and Joy is a modification of the original preset by the same name. Beautiful clean SRV tone.
Let me know if this helps or if I'm way off the mark with this ...

Patzag,
thanks for sharing these, the SRV tone is excellent. When I load HRM, the cab is empty....maybe you use redwires?....can your recommend a stock cab
thanks

Oops.
Go to Redwirez and download their free Marshall 1960 cab. I use this a lot. It's a fantastic cab with a nice bottom end and plenty of spank. It also sounds VERY natural to me.
It's loud, so you might need to bring the cab volume down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom