Best backing track site?

Oh anything :D Really would love stuff from 2112, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows

How does..
Overture - The Temples of Syrinx - Discovery - Presentation - Oracle - Solioquy - Grand Finale - Closer to the Heart - and "Vault Edition" of Working Man sound?
Oh.. and YYZ as well, and Spirit of Radio live.

I also have the RB covers of Tom Sawyer and Limelight

How does..
Overture - The Temples of Syrinx - Discovery - Presentation - Oracle - Solioquy - Grand Finale - Closer to the Heart - and "Vault Edition" of Working Man sound?
Oh.. and YYZ as well, and Spirit of Radio live.

I also have the RB covers of Tom Sawyer and Limelight
Those would be awesome and most appreciated.

I've taken the route of recording what I want to Jam to. Be it original or other people's music. Mostly the basic stuff like I just recorded a full backing track of "Strange Brew", probably one of my most favorite classic rock tunes of all time. I added keyboards to it, too!

Just by doing that, I've learned a great deal about my strengths and weaknesses as a guitar player, and also about recording in general. It's opened up a whole new facet of fun!

Hey, I would like to refresh this conversation from six years ago. I'm looking for some really good backing tracks just to jam along with, I found some on karaoke-version.com but some of them are terrible. Mainly looking for rock and pop. Don't mind paying $$ for good tracks. Thanks in advance.

Hey, I would like to refresh this conversation from six years ago. I'm looking for some really good backing tracks just to jam along with, I found some on karaoke-version.com but some of them are terrible. Mainly looking for rock and pop. Don't mind paying $$ for good tracks. Thanks in advance.
This is the best site I've found. Some are bad but many are really good in my opinion. And you get the individual tracks which is great.

It's not exactly "free" because the way it works, but... "Literecords".8)

Thank me later.:lol
Anything that is available in Multitrack, you'll find there.

Want the full 16 track Freebird?
Full 24 track Boston?

Enormous collection.

Seriously. Go no further than there.
I checked out the site but I don’t understand what’s going on there.

Hi guys,
Hearing tons of amazing sounding Axe tracks on original sounding backing tracks all over this forum. Where 's the best place to get them for free or not? Mostly looking for classic rock songs with amazing guitar tracks I could play (e.g. Pink Floyd, G&R, Led Zeppelin, Dire Straits, Hendrix, etc...).
Cheers,

The best collection is at GuitarBackingTrack.com. The quality varies quite a bit, but there is a lot to choose from. They're free and definitely not licensed from the original artists. There are some good pay sites, for example Lick Library Karoake-Version and GuitarTricks. Those sites go to the trouble of licensing the songs, and the backing tracks are excellent quality. GuitarTricks includes vocals on their backing tracks. Jammit was a good source of backing tracks until they went out of business. You can also find some backing tracks on youtube and spotify but quality varies, so you might have to hunt a bit.

The golden age of backing tracks was 10 years ago when Guitar Hero and Rock Band games were big. A key element of those games was high quality backing tracks, generally from the original recordings, and those tracks inevitably (and illegally) became available on the internet and were a bonanza for guitarists. The high quality backing tracks on GuitarBackingTracks almost all came from these games.

There is that collection of multitrack songs that is available if you search a bit. They are mostly raw stems, so, depending on the song, you might have to mix them yourself, and it isn't always easy to get them to sound like the mixed and mastered song you know and love.

Last edited:
I went to the GuitarTricks website because I wanted to check out tracks with vocals. I heard a sample of Clapton's Cocaine and it sounded really good. But I can't really figure out how the backing tracks works, the website is all about teaching people how to play songs and I'm not sure if you can actually download tracks that you pay for and mute certain parts like the vocals or guitar parts ????

Back
Top Bottom