Best approach for volume pedal

cpm

Certainly this has been covered but a search didnt help. Have a fractal exp pedal and want to use it to control volume. Have been assigning output level to pedal 1 and that works but is that what most do? Pros and cons? Also what the best slope? Seems like 50 % of pedal travel does nothing and there is probaly a better setting?

Certainly this has been covered but a search didnt help. Have a fractal exp pedal and want to use it to control volume. Have been assigning output level to pedal 1 and that works but is that what most do? Pros and cons? Also what the best slope? Seems like 50 % of pedal travel does nothing and there is probaly a better setting?

I prefer to add a volume block in each preset. I position it just before delays / reverb. By putting it there it doesn't interfere with delay trails.

I like using a Volume block as well. I place it after the Cab block, before delays and reverbs so their trails continue when the volume is off.

I prefer to add a volume block in each preset. I position it just before delays / reverb. By putting it there it doesn't interfere with delay trails.
I do that.

I also have it set to disengage when it's toe down, and set the MIDI > External setting to automatically default to 100% if it gets disconnected or I'm not using it. Those settings are all mentioned in the manual.

Reactions: cpm
I always have problem with using an exp pedal for volume. If you have the sweep from 0-100, you need to be delicate on moving it up or down too much. I use a null filter block that goes up in down 3db as a volume pedal. this way I can just hit the footswitch and the volume can move up or down without having to think about it.

Back
Top Bottom