Best Allan Holdsworth Patches Ever!

derrylgabel

Hey guys, here's 3 Allan Holdsworth patches I created with the help of the Yamaha MagicStomp. I used all of the exact settings for the most part. I used an A/B pedal listening and making sure it was dead on as well. In edition I did a tone match of his direct sound from an audio file for the lead patch. This is the closest lead sound of his I've ever heard. I spent about 25 hours duplicating all the Holdsworth patches from the MagicStomp. If you would like the rest of the patches, 30 in all, please stop by my website, derrylgabel.com and send me an email. While you're there check out my music and instructional DVDs. Thanks!
Axe-Change - Download Preset - AH Leadv5 - by derrylgabel
Axe-Change - Download Preset - AH Chorus1 - by derrylgabel
Axe-Change - Download Preset - AH Volume Swell4 - by derrylgabel

For the Lead tone, be sure to have the tone knob on the guitar on 5.

Last edited:
These are fantastic patches!! Thanks Derryl for modeling a guitar tone that has escaped many guitarists for decades. I think these presets substantially increase the value of owning an Axe2 FX.

Hey guys, here's 3 Allan Holdsworth patches I created with the help of the Yamaha MagicStomp. I used all of the exact settings for the most part. I used an A/B pedal listening and making sure it was dead on as well. In edition I did a tone match of his direct sound from an audio file for the lead patch. This is the closest lead sound of his I've ever heard. I spent about 25 hours duplicating all the Holdsworth patches from the MagicStomp. If you would like the rest of the patches, 30 in all, please stop by my website, derrylgabel.com and send me an email. While you're there check out my music and instructional DVDs. Thanks!
Axe-Change - Download Preset - AH Lead2 - by derrylgabel
Axe-Change - Download Preset - AH Chorus1 - by derrylgabel
Axe-Change - Download Preset - AH Volume Swell4 - by derrylgabel

Derryl, thanks for preparing these pitches! I know they took some long hours to prepare. Your videos are epic!

You have 4 posts, all to this thread, all to validate Derryl. Are you sure you're not Derryl? :) Just asking. Seems suspicious.

Mr. Gabel requires no "validation." His monstrous technique and tone are to die for. He is simply a virtuoso's virtuoso. Validation? Please.

LOL. My comment had NOTHING to do with Mr. Gabel. It had to do with Eric's only posts up to that point. I stand corrected. BTW I'm not concerned with anyone's monstrous technique. That's not what the post was about.

Hey guys, took another crack at it and now I think it's the closest yet. Axe-Change - Download Preset - Holdsworth Leadv5 - by derrylgabel

be sure to have the tone knob on the guitar set to 5

Derryl,
Thank you for the AH tones!

What version firmware did you program these tones for?
I'm considering moving to v14. Have you verified they did not change with v14?
I'm on the road now and have not had a chance to check these out.

BTW, you're an incredible player. You've really got this down. Been listening to your playing for awhile now -I'll buy into some of your DVDs soon!

Derryl,
Thank you for the AH tones!

What version firmware did you program these tones for?
I'm considering moving to v14. Have you verified they did not change with v14?
I'm on the road now and have not had a chance to check these out.

BTW, you're an incredible player. You've really got this down. Been listening to your playing for awhile now -I'll buy into some of your DVDs soon!
I used FWv13.07. Haven't switched to v14 yet. Thanks for your comments.

Back
Top Bottom