Before I buy an Axe FX...I have a routing question!!

I didn't sift through all of the pages in this thread but I'm checking out one of your YT videos on your channel. You'll definitely LOVE this unit and you can kiss your free time goodbye cuz you'll be tweaking your VH tones...ALL of them. I did after I bought a EVH Frankie replica and it's been a blast. There's a ton of VH presets and tips on the Preset Exchange part of the forum.

For me: someone else's preset never sounds like it does for the person who made it. But, there are tweaks or effects in there that get you that much closer to the VH tone in YOUR head. I tried to look up a real helpful one that @Burgs created but came up with a ton of links in the search. Link below for the search.

I apologize for jumping ahead and not reading the entire thread before posting, as some of what I've said may be redundant. If not cool! I keep notes, links and screen shots on my OneNote so I can refer back to stuff I've forgotten or meant to get to. The Fractal forum is awesome.

Watching your '78 black/white VH build on a budget video right now.

Edit: Look for @Andy Eagle 's threads on his 5150 guitar builds. Pretty cool and right up your alley.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/sear...=post&c[child_nodes]=1&c[nodes][0]=104&o=date

Thank you so much for chiming in...and watching my videos also. I appreciate the tips!!!

I just ran into a routing scenario that I need some help on. I'm new to re-assigning audio inputs on my DAW so it's a two-fold problem for me. I have a WDW preset where the wet stereo signal is coming out of "Output 1" in the Axe Fx to my monitors. Then, I have the dry signal physically coming out of "Output 4" through the 1/4" jack to the Friedman ASM-10 in the room. I'm trying to capture everything in my DAW with 2 separate tracks, but I'm having trouble configuring the USB inputs in my DAW (Studio One). It only wants to accept the stereo wet signal coming out of Output 1 and I can't seem to configure the dry mono signal coming from Output 4 to be "seen" as a new USB input in the DAW. Any tips? I'm studying the USB routing on the wiki page but I'm struggling...

I just ran into a routing scenario that I need some help on. I'm new to re-assigning audio inputs on my DAW so it's a two-fold problem for me. I have a WDW preset where the wet stereo signal is coming out of "Output 1" in the Axe Fx to my monitors. Then, I have the dry signal physically coming out of "Output 4" through the 1/4" jack to the Friedman ASM-10 in the room. I'm trying to capture everything in my DAW with 2 separate tracks, but I'm having trouble configuring the USB inputs in my DAW (Studio One). It only wants to accept the stereo wet signal coming out of Output 1 and I can't seem to configure the dry mono signal coming from Output 4 to be "seen" as a new USB input in the DAW. Any tips? I'm studying the USB routing on the wiki page but I'm struggling...
This probably should be a new thread in the DAWs & Recording forum.

Back
Top Bottom