Bassman

I'm a high gain metal player who just goes to the presets for some light relief and was quite surprised the Bassman 59 preset is the first I usually turn to. I've never even owned a single coil guitar or thought I'd be a Fender amp person. Now I'm thinking I should get a Strat of some sort, whereas my other wish list guitars are a new BC Rich Ironbird and ESP LTD EC Black Metal. Maybe it's the first signs of age creeping in...
Do it! I avoided anything that looked like a strat for most of my guitar playing life for 2 reasons:
1. Metallica didn't use them, at least not normally (lol)
2. I felt like I saw fender's brand name everywhere on things and all that merchandising turned me off.

Then the PRS silver sky came out and man oh man, the sounds people were getting out of them made me realize I really liked the strat sound. So I broke down and bought a used mexican fender strat. It is a great guitar for what it was mean for, which isn't necessarily metal. Mine is too noisy with the classic style single coils to play anything too high gain in my opinion.

Yeah, I regular go to preset 1, the 59 Bassman and the Strat and jam out!

Do it! I avoided anything that looked like a strat for most of my guitar playing life for 2 reasons:
1. Metallica didn't use them, at least not normally (lol)
2. I felt like I saw fender's brand name everywhere on things and all that merchandising turned me off.

Then the PRS silver sky came out and man oh man, the sounds people were getting out of them made me realize I really liked the strat sound. So I broke down and bought a used mexican fender strat. It is a great guitar for what it was mean for, which isn't necessarily metal. Mine is too noisy with the classic style single coils to play anything too high gain in my opinion.

Yeah, I regular go to preset 1, the 59 Bassman and the Strat and jam out!
Yeah, I think its inevitable for me. It would be nice to do a bit of the Gilmour thing but mostly I really like the studio lead sounds of Fredrik Akesson
on the later Opeth albums. If anyone is interested/uninitiated check out the first few minutes. Not posted a vid here before, hope it works...

Back
Top Bottom