Wish Bass stuff wish list

Acoustic 360
Gallien Krueger 800RB
Cleaner amps like Epifani or Bergantino.
Good tracking Bass Synth
More and better envelope filters
Dedicated and simpler envelope filter and autowah block
OC-2 clone
Ampeg B15 (not sure if it’s already there?)
Cali 1176 compressor

Last edited:
i don't wanna be dramatic... but I think we need a plan. one of us is going to have to kidnap cliff... so we can force him to watch "cliff 'em all" over and over on a loop with his eyelids forced open ala "clockwork orange".

follow that up with star licks larry graham until he too confirms that he loves everyday people.

If that doesn't do it... we get drastic... we call in geddy lee, marcus miller, les claypool, leland sklar and victor wooten and force them at guitar-point to join together to form a super bass band. Once they release their first album... surely cliff will succumb to the powers of the bass, and join our ranks of lowly four string pluckers.

if that fails... we kidnap john paul jones himself and have him play "going to california" over and over while feeding cliff a steady diet of blended bass smoothies.

by the end of all this... cliff will have no choice but to become a bass player. Naturally he will start adding glockenklangs, alembics, aguilars... all of the four-string-mother-f*%kers food groups will have been represented in axefx glory.

...it just might be crazy enough to work...

i don't wanna be dramatic... but I think we need a plan. one of us is going to have to kidnap cliff... so we can force him to watch "cliff 'em all" over and over on a loop with his eyelids forced open ala "clockwork orange".

follow that up with star licks larry graham until he too confirms that he loves everyday people.

If that doesn't do it... we get drastic... we call in geddy lee, marcus miller, les claypool, leland sklar and victor wooten and force them at guitar-point to join together to form a super bass band. Once they release their first album... surely cliff will succumb to the powers of the bass, and join our ranks of lowly four string pluckers.

if that fails... we kidnap john paul jones himself and have him play "going to california" over and over while feeding cliff a steady diet of blended bass smoothies.

by the end of all this... cliff will have no choice but to become a bass player. Naturally he will start adding glockenklangs, alembics, aguilars... all of the four-string-mother-f*%kers food groups will have been represented in axefx glory.

...it just might be crazy enough to work...

Think you have a plan there! sounds valid... :)

The Axe fx is a bit frustrating for bass players because guitar players get new goodies every months or so and bass players are basically being ignored. You are right in saying that the Axe fx/FM is made by a guitar player, not a bass player and the updates show that.
And yes, I know a lot of the guitar stuff can be used for bass also, but that's not the same thing.

Last edited:
Think you have a plan there! sounds valid... :)

The Axe fx is a bit frustrating for bass players because guitar players get new goodies every months or so and bass players are basically being ignored. You are right in saying that the Axe fx/FM is made by a guitar player, not a bass player and the updates show that.
And yes, I know a lot of the guitar stuff can be used for bass also, but that's not the same thing.
Yes, yes. We're also kind of used to not having as much stuff as guitarist. I played bass only professionally for about 25ish years. Then I got pulled in to guitar a couple years ago. By a couple I mean about five or seven. I would love to just have one rig to rule them all. HX has a pretty solid assortment of bass related stuff. If an inferior platform can have it, we should too dadgum it 🤣

Yes, yes. We're also kind of used to not having as much stuff as guitarist. I played bass only professionally for about 25ish years. Then I got pulled in to guitar a couple years ago. By a couple I mean about five or seven. I would love to just have one rig to rule them all. HX has a pretty solid assortment of bass related stuff. If an inferior platform can have it, we should too dadgum it 🤣
well... in my case... i learned bass because my high school jazz band instructor said "we don't have guitar players in jazz band". Real peach of a guy... but admittedly did me a huge favor. There is LOTS of great stuff in the axefx3 for bass... and I don't want to forget to be thankful for all the things cliff does. that said... if one bass amp is good... then two is gooder. also, it's really cliffs' fault i want more bass stuff... he spoils us as guitarists. that's on him.

well... in my case... i learned bass because my high school jazz band instructor said "we don't have guitar players in jazz band". Real peach of a guy... but admittedly did me a huge favor. There is LOTS of great stuff in the axefx3 for bass... and I don't want to forget to be thankful for all the things cliff does. that said... if one bass amp is good... then two is gooder. also, it's really cliffs' fault i want more bass stuff... he spoils us as guitarists. that's on him.
You are truthin my brother

One rig to rule them all. Exactily! I'm not trying to bash Fractal by saying they don;t have enough bass stuff; on the contrary, I want more because I adore my Fractal unit, and I'd really like to just use it for everything.

So are these all the stock bass amps? Did I forget any?
-SVT1
-SVT2
-Porta Bass
-USA/Mesa 400 1
-USA Mesa 400 2
-Citrus (=Orange) Bass
-FAS bass

And what are all the stock bass cabs?

Back
Top Bottom