Bass and Atomic Question

CBoothe01

Hi All,
I just got my first bass last weekend- right about the time this bass section started! Good timing. Anyway I don't have a clue what I'm doing yet- I've been playing guitar for a while now with the Axe FX. I'm already having a lot of fun though.

Quick question, I am playing through the axe into an Atomic passive wedge. Just bedroom volume, but since I'm new to bass I thought I'd ask- can the atomic handle this? My guess is yes but want to check.
Thanks

Thanks for the reply Bryan.

I have no idea what the frequency tuning are but I looked back at the web site and found these specs-
(1) x 8 ohms 12-inch 200W driver, AND (1) x 1-inch Tweeter with 4.5" horn (to 20kHz), Crossover Network

200 watts is surely enough not too worry. Like I said I just play bedroom volumes. My guitar goes through it much louder.

Is the 20kHz listed above the frequency tuning?

Thanks again.

It doesn't list the low range of the tuning, which is the part you'd need to worry about. At bedroom volumes, it shouldn't matter either way. But at louder volumes, guitar cabs can potentially be damaged from the speaker excursion from the lower notes if they're not made to handle lower frequencies.

Isn't the speaker in the Atomic more akin to a PA speaker? It should be able to handle it just fine.

I think a bigger problem is that at least I like to cut the low end for guitar to keep it from being boomy and the master EQ is the best way to do this. For bass you'd have to fiddle with these settings back and forth...

Back
Top Bottom