Barracuda flanger

Try the flanger from the Jet Flanger preset and set the rate to taste. You'll get a stronger effect if you either have the flanger after the amp or have a drive block before it.

Yes, the preset is 90% there already.
Dont try to use the formant filter for this though since there is no advanced tab, plus it really is a flanger anyway.

killerburst said:
I didn't get the joke, but thanks for the tips.

I've been asking for an advanced tab for the formant filter for a long time, so I try to sneak it in anywhere I can :D

It's not a flanger, it's a Univibe. I have a Fulltone Deja Vibe pedal and have been using it for a quite a few years now for Barracuda. Now with my Ultra, I have been able to get very very close using the Phaser set the Vibe position. It's not dead on but so close only I would really notice the difference. Try the vibe instead of the Flange for that tune. That guitarist in Heart at the time actually used the Uni-Vibe quite a bit and to great results. No idea what his name is but he was a KILLER player!

I tried the formant filter for again, for the first time in almost a year, but since there is still no advanced tab, I was unable to control the hi-end like I would want to.

JeffinSoCal said:
That guitarist in Heart at the time actually used the Uni-Vibe quite a bit and to great results. No idea what his name is but he was a KILLER player!

That was Roger Fisher, but I'd never heard it was a Univibe and not a Flanger ... :?:

I thought it was Howard Leese who played that part. It was a flanger as well. Never heard it was a uni.

I stand corrected on my own research. Went and did a little digging and it was Roger. I was always under the impression it was Howard.

I don't have the mp3 at work,

But I thought all these years it was the EH Electric Mistress flanger on that part.

Richard

Uh, guys...if you have an Ultra, the factory preset titled FLANKED BY FLANGERS is it....a decent indirect clue with the wording.

Tweak to your own taste.

Hey all, since you're on the Heart subject, does anybody know for certain just WHAT was their preferred rig back in the day? I've always held their sound in high regard - a lot of subtleties in their tone and great balance in effects.

Crisp; yet warm...NEAT.

Any help in starting the Axe building blocks would be great.

Cheers!

SteveZ said:
Hey all, since you're on the Heart subject, does anybody know for certain just WHAT was their preferred rig back in the day? I've always held their sound in high regard - a lot of subtleties in their tone and great balance in effects.

Crisp; yet warm...NEAT.

Any help in starting the Axe building blocks would be great.

Cheers!

There is a lot of great information here: http://www.woodytone.com/category/roger-fisher/

Not just on Roger's gear but others as well.

oops..my bad...I mixed it up with Magic Man when I wrote my comment...that song has Uni-Vibe all over it. I am using the Ultra Flanger with a some success. I keep trying to replicate the various settings of the Electric Mistress (my personal favorite Flange) I have pretty much completely nailed it too. Very easy to do. The Barracuda Flange was as custom flange Toadworks makes a Howard Leese signature Flanger aptly called the Barracuda. I have dialed in what seems to me to be a very very close replication to the Flanger on the tune. It can be done..and really very simply with the Ultra keeping a close eye on the rate and depth. It's not a deep swoosh.

A flanger it is....perhaps 2 of them!!

We have this tone already - - factory patch FLANKED BY FLANGER'S...the name is kind of in code.

Tell us how it works for ya.

Back
Top Bottom