Banned from TGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the exact opposite experience of this. I learned about FAS from playing at and going to shows, and I kept seeing this same rackmount unit with a green rectangle screen in many acts that also sounded good, both professional and amateur. I talked to many of the artists and found out what it was they were using, and how they were using it, found a used Standard, and haven't looked back since.

I think it's equally telling what units I didn't see during that same time frame, and it's not because I wasn't looking. I didn't need the internet to tell me what people were using, or what sounded good, because the performing industry spoke for itself.

I've heard good sounds from just about every modeler out there. I've played through Helixes and Kempers and enjoyed the experience. I went the way I did because of what I saw working in many genres, and it works for me too, so I don't particularly care about anything else. Last thing I feel like doing is starting from scratch in another ecosystem.

Just saying, there's a world out there beyond TGP and the internet that you can also learn from without having to parse through bullshit :)

Lol well thanks for shitting all over the path I took to discover FAS, and assuming I relied on the Internet to tell me what sounds good. Also thanks for assuming I don't gig. Listen to live music. Or pay attention to other gear. Man I must be ignorant!.......

Your path isn't the only one with merit.

Of the dozens of players I've played with, none use fractal or PRS, I chose them because of tone. And everyone consistently tells me my tone is awesome....... Must have found the perfect thread to tell me so.. eyeroll

Last edited:
Lol well thanks for shitting all over the path I took to discover FAS, and assuming I relied on the Internet to tell me what sounds good. Also thanks for assuming I don't gig. Listen to live music. Or pay attention to other gear. Man I must be ignorant!.......

Your path isn't the only one with merit.

Of the dozens of players I've played with, none use fractal or PRS, I chose them because of tone. And everyone consistently tells me my tone is awesome....... Must have found the perfect thread to tell me so.. eyeroll

I take that back. 2 friends of mine got PRS's, and 1 bought an FM3 over the years - because they loved the tone I can get from them.

Last edited:
Well that sure is a beautiful CU24 in your avatar! One piece top? PS or WL (I guess that because of that burst paint job I don't recall seeing on a stock CU24)?

Thanks!

I fell in love with the guitar because it's not a 10 Top, so cheaper. And there's a ton of figuring in the wood. Like a mix of quilt and flame. 2 piece top. pattern thin neck from 2013. I think it could've been graded as private stock or artist package. But I'm a bit biased :) just a regular old USA PRS Custom 24

not to those outside tgp

Whats the tgp? Is it important?

Same for FAS forum. 🤷

Businesses generally care about staying connected to the outside. But we users don't need to care.

Edit: to be clear, I know no one cares about my business opinion. My point is that retreating to an echo chamber contributes to the divided society we live in, and also has negative business and personal side effects. I'm against painting in broad brush strokes and assuming an entire group of people is trash because of a handful of negative people. So, I'm totally fine stating the unpopular within the echo chamber.

Last edited:
I don't agree at all with the common opinion in this thread about forum mods (here or elsewhere), the accusations and insults thrown. It's a terrible job, mostly done by volunteers to the best of their abilities and operating in concordance. It's always about the rules and how to interpret them. And there's a lot of bias. Many of you think that mods should operate more relaxed, but it starts with the forum members themselves: if only you knew how many reports are filed by forum members accusing other forum members.

And to continue ... I don't think that FractalAudio should have been banned from TGP. But that's besides the point, it was a single decision. And now has ignited some sort of a manhunt here on this forum and complot theories. The irony of it all is that by doing so, this forum changes a little bit into TGP. I would nuke this thread as a mod.

Last edited:
Years ago when I had a forum and even wrote the forum software, my buddy had this idea that you should have a "shadow ban" where people could continue to read and post but nobody would see their posts. It would just seem like people were ignoring them. Mostly, our forum had fantastic people due to the narrow scope of it but every once in a while, we had a problem child show up. Never implemented the feature but still like it

I don't agree at all with the common opinion in this thread about forum mods (here or elsewhere), the accusations and insults thrown. It's a terrible job, mostly done by volunteers to the best of their abilities and operating in concordance. It's always about the rules and how to interpret them. And there's a lot of bias. Many of you think that mods should operate more relaxed, but it starts with the forum members themselves: if only you knew how many reports are filed by forum members accusing other forum members.
I tend to have a hard time taking this stuff very seriously - in a lot of ways, these forums are like kids in a schoolyard with smartalecs, bullies, nerds, ... and yard monitors sending badies to detention based on a tattletale's complaint - kinda funny really (hence my frequent silly comments above) - if Fractal is expecting some kind of meaningful feedback from this thread mine would be for them to forget about trying to engage with the public through channels like tgp since you have this forum for that kind of engagement, and with more control. If you want to engage more broadly, try other avenues - perhaps youtube either with your own channel or appearing on a reputable supportive existing guitar gear related channel. Whatever - there's better options than slogging it out with who knows who on tgp or elsewhere. As far as moles and paid informants and dirty tricks ... forget about it since you can't control it elsewhere anyway (sounds like its tough enough to control here) + if u continue to do what u do, to the level u do it at, I can't imagine it has material effect and will likely backfire on the dirty trixters at some point.

Over and out

I got banned from the old Musicradar forums for posting a picture of a vagina that looked like Willie Nelson.

And I've been banned from The Fretboard more times than I can count - UK guitarists are losers, basically. Much prefer Americans; better sense of humour.

KILL THE BRITS!! SAVE THE TEA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom