Bad bootup? Bit Crush

mischi_90

I guess you can hear this very strange his noise in the video. Did this happen to someone else? It started with firmware 7.0. And it does it probably once out of 10 times turning my FM3 on. I have to restart it then and everything works properly.

I guess you can hear this very strange his noise in the video. Did this happen to someone else? It started with firmware 7.0. And it does it probably once out of 10 times turning my FM3 on. I have to restart it then and everything works properly.

is the guitar/tone we hear going to Input 2?

this happens to me from time to time but it only affects Input 2. i can't figure it out.

is the guitar/tone we hear going to Input 2?

this happens to me from time to time but it only affects Input 2. i can't figure it out.
The guitar is going into input 1 (hardware side). But I use an output 2 and input 2 (software side) to get to the second row of the grid.

The guitar is going into input 1 (hardware side). But I use an output 2 and input 2 (software side) to get to the second row of the grid.
as rex says, you don't need to use this physical I/O to expand the grid. use Feedback Send at the end of the first row, use Feedback Return at the start of the 2nd row and turn the Return Level up in this block eventually to full.

doing this, you'll avoid this issue as i believe this "bit crush" sound is only a bug with Input 2 on boot. i haven't been able to reproduce it reliably, so it's tough to fix.

Sorry I told you wrong since I don't have the unit in front of me. I use a send and return block to get to the second row of the grid. But I use an input 2 and output 2 block for my external reverb.
But I will try if I can figure out a pattern for this error with Input 2. It's quite difficult because it happens so rarely.

I have a mark 1 hardware. Will this probably be fixed with a new firmware update?

I also noticed that it takes so much longer to start my FM3 since firmware 7.0. Might this be something that causes the problem?

I also noticed that it takes so much longer to start my FM3 since firmware 7.0. Might this be something that causes the problem?
Firmware 7 added DynaCabs. It takes extra time to load and uncompress the DynaCabs. That’s why it takes longer to boot up.

Firmware 7 added DynaCabs. It takes extra time to load and uncompress the DynaCabs. That’s why it takes longer to boot up.
Ok thanks. So I don't need to worry about that. So the Bit Crush noise must have it's source somewhere else.

I've had this on occasion - where input 2 sounds like a bit crush - I initially thought it was cables but it wasn't but as others have said rebooting it solves the problem.

I've used my non-turbo F3's FX Loop extensively with different external hardware, and never had this issue?

Sure it's not your external hardware or it's power supply/cables?

Last edited:
Thanks for all your replies. It's super difficult to find a pattern that causes the problem because it happens only from time to time (1 out of 10 probably). So far I normally panicked when I heart that sound and shut off the unit immediately. Next time it happens I will check all the cables, the external reverb, different presets etc.

i have this issue with a cable going to Input 2 from my guitar, no external reverbs. cable is known solid.

it's something that happens after boot with Input 2. i have not had this happen on a Mark II device, only Mark I. i'll bring this up to the developers.

i have this issue with a cable going to Input 2 from my guitar, no external reverbs. cable is known solid.

it's something that happens after boot with Input 2. i have not had this happen on a Mark II device, only Mark I. i'll bring this up to the developers.
Thanks a lot for your help. Good to know that I am not the only one with this problem.

Back
Top Bottom