Axess FX1 external tap tempo/CC switch?

stubrew

I want to use one of the external expression pedal ports on my Axess FX1 for a tap tempo switch and maybe as another CC switch for my AxeFX and was wondering which switch would be best?

Ive tried a Boss FS5U Momentary switch which didnt work, either with a mono or stereo jack, any ideas?

BTW I have set up the FX1 for so that I can use a switch in the expression pedal port.

hmm.. that was something i was going to attempt myself, and i was going to get that same switch :shock:

I probably would start by shooting Mario an email at Axess and see what he recommends.. i'll see if can dig up any info myself, and post back.

The FS5U and a standard 1/4" mono guitar cable should work just fine.

Look at section 17 of the FX1 Owners Manual.

stilwel said:
The FS5U and a standard 1/4" mono guitar cable should work just fine.

Look at section 17 of the FX1 Owners Manual.

Cool, I'd be really happy if it is just my user error, I'll have another try when I get home.
dpeterson said:
hmm.. that was something i was going to attempt myself, and i was going to get that same switch :shock:

I probably would start by shooting Mario an email at Axess and see what he recommends.. i'll see if can dig up any info myself, and post back.

I thought I'd try on the forum's first as I know Mario is busy at the moment but I will give him a try if I continue to get no luck!

Ok, Ive setup the FX1 to see a Switch in XP port 2 and have calibrated the min and max values (000 and 063) but still no luck, any idea's?

Some devices will work with mono switches, others require stereo with tip connecting to sleeve in one position and tip to ring in the other. The stereo connection is the most likely if you are connecting to an expression pedal input. The other issue is that some devices expect the switch to be normally open, others the switch to be normally closed so you might want to check that also.

I have a new Mission product, the Mission TT that hopefully will address this. The box is fitted with a TRS jack and a reversal switch that changes the behavior of the button between normally open and normally closed
http://www.mission-engineering.com/Miss ... on_TT.html Let me know if you have any questions. James.

to complicated man -

one question: do u use an IA for compressor?

If yes - use the same for tap tempo, i do it all the way...cause it works perfect.
If the preset HAS Comp. ON - step 2 or 4 times it´s ON again -
in case of Preset has Comp. OFF - via versa......

some things need a thought......

and for the critics....No, i do not need to play in that second i tap....:)

Ok, got a reply from Mario at Axess which said:

For tap tempo using one of the EXP ports you should be using the LATCH version of the Boss footswitch because using the momentary version will cause the FX1 to send a CC message everytime you press and release the switch, where as what you want is for it to send a CC message once for every press/release cycle

Which still doesnt solve the fact that the switch isnt sending anything through the XP ports.

dongrosh said:
to complicated man -

one question: do u use an IA for compressor?

If yes - use the same for tap tempo, i do it all the way...cause it works perfect.
If the preset HAS Comp. ON - step 2 or 4 times it´s ON again -
in case of Preset has Comp. OFF - via versa......

some things need a thought......

and for the critics....No, i do not need to play in that second i tap....:)

Haha, I know Im complicated! Although I do use the compressor I dont use a IA for it, its generally either on or off all the time in each patch. Good idea though.

stevieray said:
Yeah, the on value will have to be above 64 to register as an on. Make the value 0 for off and 127 for on.

The reason I had it set to 000 and 063 is that that is what it was calibrated to when setting it in the FX1, I'll have a go setting it at 127.

lebihanj said:
Some devices will work with mono switches, others require stereo with tip connecting to sleeve in one position and tip to ring in the other. The stereo connection is the most likely if you are connecting to an expression pedal input. The other issue is that some devices expect the switch to be normally open, others the switch to be normally closed so you might want to check that also.

I have a new Mission product, the Mission TT that hopefully will address this. The box is fitted with a TRS jack and a reversal switch that changes the behavior of the button between normally open and normally closed
http://www.mission-engineering.com/Miss ... on_TT.html Let me know if you have any questions. James.

Thanks James, that looks like a great product, you may be getting an order from me soon!

OK. Let me know. That's interesting that the FX1 needs a latching switch. I got details form Voodoo lab on the GCPro that it requires a latching switch for tap tempo also. Looks like I will have to have two versions of the TT, latching and momentary. James.

Back
Top Bottom