AxeOMatic DSP Now Available

Yes, it searches for .wav files and I have to select .syx each time
I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly. Here is what I get for the three cases, showing first wav and syx and the two choices under file type; then wav showing wav as the only file type available; and finally the same for syx only. This is on WinXP SP3.
Screen%20Shot%202012-11-03%20at%2011.03.52%20PM.jpeg

You're saying that regardless of what you select for types of files to open, you always see what I show when wav is selected?

I selected .syx only but the soft always search for .wav first, like in the top part of your picture

I selected .syx only but the soft always search for .wav first, like in the top part of your picture
I wonder if it is related to some sort of localization issue? I really have no idea why it isn't working on your system. If you run into anything else odd, please let me know. Maybe if I have more pieces to the puzzle I can figure something out.

I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly. Here is what I get for the three cases, showing first wav and syx and the two choices under file type; then wav showing wav as the only file type available; and finally the same for syx only. This is on WinXP SP3.
Screen%20Shot%202012-11-03%20at%2011.03.52%20PM.jpeg

You're saying that regardless of what you select for types of files to open, you always see what I show when wav is selected?

LMO & Fremen - I'm having the same results (on Windows 7). VERY minor issue as I LOVE the program!

I also had this problem originally on Win7x64 but was able to reslolve it somehow. The first few days with the program I would select .syx and then click "Select IR File(s)" and it would always default to .wav. I eventually opened the .syx file a different way or used the "Clear All Entries" button or something and it works fine now everytime. Unfortunately, I tried a bunch of things so I'm not sure what actually "fixed" it. For those having the issue, maybe try opening an IR be selecting the elipses (...) after the IR slot. Also, once you find your .syx file, try double clicking it to open it instead of selecting it and then clicking "Open". Like I said, I'm not sure what I did but I got it to work somehow. Just keep trying to open the file using different methods and hopefully Windows will start looking for the file type you choose. Good luck!

I also had this problem originally on Win7x64 but was able to reslolve it somehow...
I found the bug and it will be fixed in the next release.

Speaking of which, I was thinking about audition some more, and I was incorrect when I posted earlier that the behavior is defined by AxeEdit. The behavior is defined by what the Axe-Fx does when you download a user cab straight from a library:

Axe-Fx II Owner's Manual page 166 said:
The process for sending UserCab IR Files to the Axe-Fx II is as follows:
1. Ready the Axe-Fx II to receive the file:
a. Open any preset with the CABINET 1 block in it.
b. Select this block and press EDIT to open its EDIT menu.
c. Ensure that the
MODE is set to MONO HI-RESor MONO LO-RES.
d. Change the CAB parameter to the numbered USER slot you wish to load into.

.Speaking of which, I was thinking about audition some more, and I was incorrect when I posted earlier that the behavior is defined by AxeEdit. The behavior is defined by what the Axe-Fx does when you download a user cab straight from a library:

Whatever the source, I'd like to again put in my vote to retain audition, and leave it using only User1. It is simple, predictable, and the user can save to a different slot from there if it turns out the audition goes well.

This morning I did some work with unicode filenames and then created a few mixes from the OwnHammer Kickstarter IRs:
Screen%20Shot%202012-11-05%20at%2010.05.18%20AM.jpeg

The only thing left on my list for this version is to deal with the history file getting too large, so this version should be ready to release soon.

A new version has been uploaded to the server, v1.2.0. This was a major update and I ended up going through several versions before it was ready to release; the released version numbers go from v1.1.6 to 1.2.0.

Thanks to an error in the version file, no window will pop up to tell you about the latest version. I've uploaded a corrected version file, so the version check should start working within the next hour.

I've installed the demo but cannot get the program to open. I double-click (Windows Vista) on the shortcut and I get the spinning circle for a few seconds, then nothing. Does anyone else have aomDSP running on Windows Vista? Is this a known issue? Is there something I can do to try to fix it?

Thanks for any help.

im having the same problems, the demo version wont start, im running windows 7.....please help me mix IR's :)

To the best of my knowledge, this is the direct result of a recent Windows update. If you do a system restore to about a month ago and refuse any compatibility updates (as I don't know what KB did this), you'll cease to have these issues.

As Lynn is now no longer with us (see this post), there is nothing more I can say or anything I can do to assist on the matter.

Hope this helps.

Maybe people can run it on a Virtual PC kind of thing still :)
(I have no experience with that)

Seems to still run on XP as well, so you don't have to lose 30 GB to run a single prog :mrgreen
But certain mixes may be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom