AxeFxTutorials.com now offering 1-on-1 consultation Skype

chris

Owner's Manual Reader
Hey everyone. I'm working on a site redesign to make things easier to find. We'll see what happens :)

But I'd like to mention that I've had some great 1-on-1 consultations lately and want to open these up to the public now. I use Skype and can broadcast my computer screen a camera for the front panel, along with audio from the axe and my mic. If you don't have Skype, we can use my Public Chat and Video, where you can type to me, but there is a little delay due to the streaming servers. Skype works best.

Check out my schedule page to book an appointment. Most 1st sessions end up being 2 hours or so, but I offer 30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr and 3 hr sessions for now. I ask for some information when you sign up so I know what topics you want to discuss and to make sure I can help you. I'll send an invoice after the session, PayPal preferred, although I can send a Square invoice if you don't like PayPal.

Be sure to choose the correct time zone so our schedules line up!!!

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Schedule a Consultation | AxeFxTutorials.com

Hey everyone. I'm working on a site redesign to make things easier to find. We'll see what happens :)

But I'd like to mention that I've had some great 1-on-1 consultations lately and want to open these up to the public now. I use Skype and can broadcast my computer screen a camera for the front panel, along with audio from the axe and my mic. If you don't have Skype, we can use my Public Chat and Video, where you can type to me, but there is a little delay due to the streaming servers. Skype works best.

Check out my schedule page to book an appointment. Most 1st sessions end up being 2 hours or so, but I offer 30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr and 3 hr sessions for now. I ask for some information when you sign up so I know what topics you want to discuss and to make sure I can help you. I'll send an invoice after the session, PayPal preferred, although I can send a Square invoice if you don't like PayPal.

Great idea Chris! You'll be able to really help a lot of people. I may have to hit you up this way for help I need next time on my site, lol. Time Zone in Hawaii may make things interesting but I'm a night owl.
Good luck! Thanks for all your contributions to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone

Hey get your free 'TeamViewer' going and you can remote admin clients AxeFX machines via Axe-Edit too ;)

Great Idea Chris, for those new to the forum, Chris is one of the guys here that can greatly help someone learn how to get the tones they're trying to get from the Axe II and probably with other things as well. I know CHris plays drums as well so, I have a feeling he would be helpful in other area's as well...

i can't possibly predict the effects of adjusting someone else's axe-edit :) one slip and it's loud-city in their room. i'll let them do it themselves :)

i focus more on connections, troubleshooting and teaching parameters, ideas for playing live, etc. i'm not the best tone guru and i can't get "the exact sound from that album," but i can help in general as far as what does what on the axe.

thanks for the comments guys!

I can vouch for this - do it!
I had a 1 on 1 one hour Skype lesson with Chris recently (I'm from Australia) and not only was it informative and helpful, but he is super nice guy with your interests at the forefront.
We had to do a little manipulation re the difference in time zones but Chris was always keen and willing to help me.
If you have any queries or are stuck with some of the deeper aspects of the Axe (like I was) Chris will guide you to where you want to go.
Chris has always been a huge contributor to this forum and in my eyes, is always helpful and extremely respected (and rightly so!).
I'll be looking to have more Skype lessons as my learning progresses. Can never get enough Axe!
A+.

Last edited:
"Hello Firefox" (built into Firefox lately) works pretty good too if you don't have Skype.
Just one guy needs to be using Firefox and send a url to the other one.

"Hello Firefox" (built into Firefox lately) works pretty good too if you don't have Skype.
Just one guy needs to be using Firefox and send a url to the other one.

the other person also needs to be on Firefox, Chrome or Opera (web-rtc enabled). audio and screen share options are also limited and probably can't do what i need.

cool though. web-rtc is already changing things. i've tried a ton of chat services over the past year.

The main advantage is you don't have all these people on your Skype list... ;)
But I expect you like that...

I refuse to have Skype installed and Firefox Hello is a nice substitute now.
All my connections (e.g. EU - California) have been great with it.

The lag with the newer video features through TeamViewer however is completely intolerable.

Great idea, Chris. Skype is a good method for this, it's pretty universal for people to access, and lets you both see what the other is doing. You've been a solid contributor to the forum, and this is one more great way to spread the knowledge. Best wishes!

To all, count this as my recommendation of Chris' services as well. Good guy, knowledgeable Axe Fx user.

Skype is the number 1 requested format for those asking me for consultations. my current text chat with my live video stream also works great when i'm teaching. i could try out any other protocol that a client wants to use.

i like how this is turning into a "what you should use instead of skype" thread :)

Skype is the number 1 requested format for those asking me for consultations. my current text chat with my live video stream also works great when i'm teaching. i could try out any other protocol that a client wants to use.

i like how this is turning into a "what you should use instead of skype" thread :)

A bump for your service, and a question: have you tried AnyMeeting - Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing and Webinar Software ? I think it's also free, and you can have multiple participants.

I have. A few clients couldn't get it working. I was gonna look into GoToMeeting again as well. But my main concern with those services is audio quality. Works great for talking, but not for music and guitar audio. Thanks.

Question

I'm now looking into buying an axe fx. Do these work better with axe fx, through power amp to speaker cabinet? Can you run it in the front of a guitar amp?

Ron

There are a few ways to hook it up with a real amp. The simple way is to the Power Amp input. A better way is the 4 cable method, using both the Amp effects loop and the front input.

Many choose to run it yet another way, and that is using it with Full Range speakers like a PA system or similar. Then you can use the cab sims and IRs you may have read about.

It all depends on what you want from it.

Back
Top Bottom