AxeFx version of the Hold The Line Solo--VIDEO

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Had a bunch of guys wanting to hear this using the AxeFx after I did one using my CAA rig so here it is using the Marsha sim.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
once again, completely awesome! Over the last few months I think your chops have improved. It appears that the shred sections are a lot easier for you.

Sidivan said:
once again, completely awesome! Over the last few months I think your chops have improved. It appears that the shred sections are a lot easier for you.

Thanks Sidivan. Previously I would learn something the same day as I shoot the video, now I've been giving myself a few days to actually rehearse the thing..lol. Thanks for noticing and thanks for the kind words!

Mark
vAmpli said:
Less mistakes, if any, and better faces.
We have a clear winner! :lol:
Awesome rendition!

Thank you, sir!!

Mark

Sidivan said:
Over the last few months I think your chops have improved.
I agree. When I first saw Mark's vids a few years ago, I thought he was "ok-ish"... :oops:
But in the last 6 months his chops have become near unattainable to me :mrgreen:
Almost night and Day :lol:

Mark also has great vibrato. So many other player's vids are ruined by under par vibrato.

Good stuff Mark... Now get busy and program that smart harmony for that bit at the end of that solo :mrgreen:

:shock:

Too ... much ... gain ...

:lol:

Hey Mark!
Unbelievable!
These notes are just jumping out of that guitar easily. Very nice!

Keep em coming!

mark_melling said:
Mark Day":cljuqc0h]Had a bunch of guys wanting to hear this using the AxeFx after I did one using my CAA rig so here it is using the Marsha sim. Mark [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Axj9kQweY&hd=1 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Axj9kQweY&hd=1[/url]

Nice tone, really fits in the mix well!! any chance?? ...you knon whats coming!! :lol:[/quote:cljuqc0h]

Here ya go!! Also in Bank K 1322 Mark Marsha Journey Preset. Remember Global EQ 1 has 63hz right off.

Mark
[attachment=0:cljuqc0h]Mark Marsha Journey.syx[/attachment:cljuqc0h]

Attachments

• Mark Marsha Journey.syx
    2 KB · Views: 123
Mark great stuff as always!

But what is your exact setup and connections when recording?
Is it only Axe-> Apogee Duet-> Mac/Logic Pro or you also blend some microphone recording?
Which out of the Axe-fx are you using?
Is the provided patch 10.3?

Thanks

DADA said:
Mark great stuff as always!

But what is your exact setup and connections when recording?
Is it only Axe-> Apogee Duet-> Mac/Logic Pro or you also blend some microphone recording?
Which out of the Axe-fx are you using?
Is the provided patch 10.3?

Thanks

Axe--Duet--Logic Pro 9
No mics.
I add a Waves LL3 Utra, C4 and sometimes an REQ 4on each channel as a hi/lo pass filter. On this one I think I added a Delay plugin because I didn't have the delay level on the AxeFx hot enough for the mix.

I m using OUT 1 and I use the Global EQ to pull out 63Hz and I bring 250 and 500 down a hair.

Mark

Hey Mark !

I loved this ..., especially your vibrato ! Your take on two of the best in the business ( Lukather & Lynch ) is spectacular !

You've mentioned many times how hard you've worked on it .... Personally I don't notice much difference between your vibrato on your Suhr ( Stainless ) and your PRS ( Nickel ). You're pretty much able to execute it flawlessly on either. But, is it THAT much easier ( or smoother ) to play on the Stainless Steel frets ?

I just bought a 2000 CU-24 and I'm considering a refret w/Stainless and Pleking it before even bringing it home ....

THANKS !

Mark Day said:
Axe--Duet--Logic Pro 9
No mics.
I add a Waves LL3 Utra, C4 and sometimes an REQ 4on each channel as a hi/lo pass filter. On this one I think I added a Delay plugin because I didn't have the delay level on the AxeFx hot enough for the mix.

I m using OUT 1 and I use the Global EQ to pull out 63Hz and I bring 250 and 500 down a hair.

Mark

Thanks for the explaining. You use this on the lot of your recordings/video's?
I am just curious how it would sound direct like Axe->Duet->Logic without the mixing and EQ-ing :)
Especially the EVH patches you made recently.

Greetings and kind regards

Awesome playing and awesome faces as usual!

I have to say I prefer the OD100 clips to the Axe-FX right now. THe Axe-FX clips sound woollier, I like them less woolly... And it seems that earlier your Axe-FX clips were less woolly than these.

Yes, I am UnDutchable on youtube. Any other nick with something like 'Dutch' in it was taken...

Off Topic : Hi Mark, sorry to hijack your thread, but you can't receive any PM, your inbox is full… I wanted to know what speakers you use with the Art SLA 2, regular guitar speakers or FRFR ? I'm considering buying the Art and a pair of Beyma full range speakers, did you try those ? You're one of the tone masters here and your advice will be really helpful for me… Thanks !

Thibault

Off Topic : Hi Mark, sorry to hijack your thread, but you can't receive any PM, your inbox is full… I wanted to know what speakers you use with the Art SLA 2, regular guitar speakers or FRFR ? I'm considering buying the Art and a pair of Beyma full range speakers, did you try those ? You're one of the tone masters here and your advice will be really helpful for me… Thanks !

Thibault

Just cleared up some of my inbox...I really wish I could get a higher limit on that thing..hint...hint.

I have used the amp with cheap Randall 2x12's that had Celestion 70/80's and also with Mesa Recto 4x12's with V30's...sounded fine. I have also used the ART to power my active Atomics (just to test the Actives in non-active mode) and it sounded fine too. I have never tried the Beyma stuff.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom