AxeFx Ultra - replace front panel

Oztralia

The front panel on my AxeFx Ultra has been damaged (smacks oneself about the head for being clumsy!!) right where the rack screw attaches the unit to the rack. Are front panels available as a spare part (I am in Australia), or do I just need to live with it ?

I would email support@fractalaudio.com and ask as I have no heard of anyone getting a replacement front. I know some companies do it (Freyette did it for my 2/50/2) BUT they also don't have any physical buttons in the way or a screen thats mounted so flushly to the front. Let us know what they say

I have emailed Fractal, and thus far, no reply. Truth is, if Fractal are unableto supply a new faceplate, I will use Cetina (or something similar) to clone the AxeFx panel, and have one made ... I may even customise it a little !!!!! I would rather have the real thing, but in truth cannot see that happening, such is the way of things.

The front panel on my AxeFx Ultra has been damaged (smacks oneself about the head for being clumsy!!) right where the rack screw attaches the unit to the rack. Are front panels available as a spare part (I am in Australia), or do I just need to live with it ?
I'm thinking that if you purchased thru the AUS dealer, then you should contact them first.. not support. My guess is US support would refer you back to the AUS folks first if you purchased thru them. That is normal procedure for US-based companies with foreign distributors (IMH experience).

Therein lays a problem.... I purchased it out of the States. On of the downsides to living in Australia is that (most) everything is so expensive here, relative to the US. In most cases, gear is close to twice the price, hence the most of my rack gear is purchased out of the States. Strangely enough, I would not consider doing that with a guitar, so without exception, mine are all bought through the local distributors here (at twice the US price !). The question is really one of after sales support, which I have found to be highly variable. With that said, I will bounce the question of the local distributor, ans see where that goes.

P.S. If paying twice as much made me sound twice as good, I would not mind. Sadly, it does not.... sigh...

If I remember correctly somewhere someone else posted a similar message and stated it was going to be around $100-$150 for a front panel replacement... Don't quote me on that, and if you do, I'll deny I ever said it... ;)

Back
Top Bottom