AxeFX III: What's Missing?

I haven’t done much preset switching at this point while playing. I’ll get back to you.
I was referring to switching scenes, but others may be curious about when switching presets with spillover activated?

Umm I took a look at the file... it's 38 ms of silence on the second sample. Not a 17.5 ms fade out + 17.5 ms fade in as I understand the Axe-Fx 3 will do.

Abrupt cutting will always be noticeable as that sample does.
This.

Besides, you’re switching between two different tones. What you hear and feel is the change of tone. That’s it. As Cliff said:

Feels seamless to me (and faster than any of my channel switching amps)...
Me too. :)

So the clip has a more abrupt change then the III, yet the clip was quite smooth, you can hear the tone change, but can't imagine an audience will sense it in the least, the switching is one of the best features added to the III.

The audience hardly ever notices it even in Axe FX II.
Exactly my point, I don't think we'll be bothered by it much either, it's actually very nice switching in the simulated example posted, which has more of a gap then the actual units will have.

No phantom power jack/7 pin midi port on the back and no preset info display compatability with my favorite controller on the planet - the MFC-101 mk III.

Exactly my point, I don't think we'll be bothered by it much either, it's actually very nice switching in the simulated example posted, which has more of a gap then the actual units will have.

I’m not worried about the audience in this case, the gap annoys me when I play. Not so much when I switch by stomping on the MFC, but incredibly irritating when using automation. Some people aren’t bothered by it at all, some are. It obviously is smaller now and isn’t as abrupt as in the example, but fade out - fade in is also noticeable, I checked.

Anyway, Cliff knows about it, doesn’t consider it a problem, won’t be fixing it most probably (if it can even be fixed), the mod doesn’t want me to talk about it, everybody wants to keep calling it seamless.

Fine. I learned what I needed to learn. How Fractal wants to deal with their customers is not up to me to decide, they know better than me.

I’ll shut up about this topic.

I’m not worried about the audience in this case, the gap annoys me when I play. Not so much when I switch by stomping on the MFC, but incredibly irritating when using automation. Some people aren’t bothered by it at all, some are. It obviously is smaller now and isn’t as abrupt as in the example, but fade out - fade in is also noticeable, I checked.

Anyway, Cliff knows about it, doesn’t consider it a problem, won’t be fixing it most probably (if it can even be fixed), the mod doesn’t want me to talk about it, everybody wants to keep calling it seamless.

Fine. I learned what I needed to learn. How Fractal wants to deal with their customers is not up to me to decide, they know better than me.

I’ll shut up about this topic.
Yeah, I get that, I know that some of my gear has little annoying quirks and we're all tougher on our own sound then others, seems very close to seamless, but if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't.

To me it opens up the possibility of getting very live sounding takes in the studio, normally I just record a lot of tracks and switch between them, so no gaps, but no hot takes catching that live feel either.

Retinal scan? String gauge detector? Seismograph? Protein folding calculator?

Edit: Skynet? Improbability drive? Tachyon detector?

Oh. In that case: yes. It works as described above on scene change.
I described two possible scenarios. Are you confirming that the muting occurs at the block level, not at the output?

On the AX8, it appears to mute the output, which also causes gaps in reverb and delay trails, even when they are unaffected from the scene change. Making the X/Y gap much more noticeable.

I described two possible scenarios. Are you confirming that the muting occurs at the block level, not at the output?

On the AX8, it appears to mute the output, which also causes gaps in reverb and delay trails, even when they are unaffected from the scene change. Making the X/Y gap much more noticeable.

On the III it mutes just the block so the reverb and delay are unaffected.

4xchorus seems missing in the III, or all is in chorus block now? (posted question somewhere else and cant find it now)

Will the auto-save that happens when you use the Vol Incr/Decr be seamless? It is on the AFXII but not on the AX8. Love that feature but it's cumbersome to use mid-song on the 8.

Back
Top Bottom