Axe working - then not

slinky005

Power User
Axe Fx III Mk 1

Headphone output not working.
Input 1 not working.

Played at rehearsal yesterday. All good.
Came home, next day turned on.
All good.
Plugged in, No input signal in front panel.
USB hooked to my Mac. Mac assigned to Axe as audio device.
Play Youtube - input signal showing on meters but no sound thru headphones.

Input on front panel not showing anything.
Input on input 2 working but still no headphone output. Only getting sound through XLR out.

Summary:
Headphone out dead.
Input 1 dead

Pls help.

Physical Output knobs turned up? Input source set to analogue on global audio page? Post your preset (often tough to help without a sample preset)

Physical Output knobs turned up? Input source set to analogue on global audio page? Post your preset (often tough to help without a sample preset)
All presets same result.
All knobs are up.
Input source (on I/O page) set to Analogue

Sounds like a possible loose connector inside the unit. I’d contact support as they can probably walk you through reconnecting it, assuming it’s something simple like that.

You could always pop off the top and see if any connectors are visibly loose while you wait for a response.

Other suggestions before I open the unit?
I assume support closed on the weekend?
I've never seen any hours they are closed and have heard of support even on holidays. Not saying they don't have days or times off but it doesn't hurt to contact them rather than just assume they won't answer.

I've never seen any hours they are closed and have heard of support even on holidays. Not saying they don't have days or times off but it doesn't hurt to contact them rather than just assume they won't answer.
Good suggestion. No luck.

I’ve had this exact thing happen to me: loose connector to the front panel board. It’s easy enough to open, reseat, and potentially glue gun to make it secure.

ok. Opened
I’ve had this exact thing happen to me: loose connector to the front panel board. It’s easy enough to open, reseat, and potentially glue gun to make it secure.
Opened unit. Ribbon cable was loose. Pushed it back.
Now input 1 working but still no headphone output.
When I unplug the headphones I get a loud pop where I never used to get one.

Back
Top Bottom