Axe II Cases

I use an SKB Roto Rack 4U case. I almost bought the version that has wheels, but realized I don't want to jar my equipment by dragging it over bumps and stuff. I have my Axe-Fx II, a 1U power conditioner, and a 1U Matrix GT1000Fx in there. I love it.

This is my home/practice setup (it's an old pic. It's much neater in there now!)

View attachment 21384

Love this setup man, looks great!

Thanks for all of the replies. I do have a follow up question.

Since the Axe has no bolt connectors/plates on the back of the unit, how is the back of the Axe connected to the rear rail of a rack case?

Thanks for all of the replies. I do have a follow up question.

Since the Axe has no bolt connectors/plates on the back of the unit, how is the back of the Axe connected to the rear rail of a rack case?

It doesn't connect to the rear rack rails. My XL actually sits nicely on top of the 3u rack drawer in my unit. I have a 6u shock mount rack that is 20" deep so that I could put a deep enough drawer in it to hold the MFC and expression pedal and all the cables.

View attachment 21424
View attachment 21425
View attachment 21426

I actually have more stuff in the drawer when everything is packed up than what shows in the pics. The rack is pretty damn heavy to be honest. However, I only play at home these days, so its not like I have to load it up a few times a week for rehearsal and gigs. I have a 4U lightweight rack for sale if you are interested $40 + shipping.. It is almost brand new and has a 1u blank face plate as well. I also installed some rubber feet to keep it from sliding on smooth surfaces. I only mounted the power conditioner to see how it looked while I waited for the XL to arrive. Then I decided to get a shock mount incase I started gigging again.

The rear rails aren't necessary to mount the Axe-Fx. They are nice to have if you want to mount something else back there or for future expansion.

SKB 4U here. Axe, power and a matrix 1u amp. lightest thing in my setup and cheap!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKB-Cases-U...910?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8f2c4376

My mfc is on a pedaltrain board with the soft case which has a shoulder strap. I can carry it all in one trip with a guitar, but it's kind of ackward.

I don't think those wheels on that other SKB case would be a problem unless you're going a long way over some bad ac or gravel. If you are going over a curb or up steps, or other funkiness, you can always just pick it up and carry it a while. And if those connections in back aren't wired tight you should be checking them anyway, right? I was thinking about getting one and jury rigging a couple fold up slats to put the guitar and pedalboard on. That'd only be one trip with all the gear and that would be cool. May do it still.

Last edited:

The Axe is light enough that rear suspension isn't necessary. Rear rails are more for some of the older-style power amps that weighed 25lbs+ so they wouldn't rip the front rails off during transport of if set down hard, or as has been mentioned, for auxiliary I/O panels.

+1 for the 6U Roll-X Rack Case from SKB. You can even put your peddlecase on top of it and gently roll it acrose the street, even keeping your guitarcase in yout ohter hand.
Got mine (for free) from a very nice supplier who "used" one for a exhibition.

* Got a Vafam 1HE for conneting everything at the front (don't have to open the back anymore)
* A very fancy 1HE strobe-tuner from Peterson with my bandname
* A Axe FX2 (soon to be replaced for a XL)
* Also got a 2HE draw to keep the cables and all the other stuff in.

foto.JPG

Would love to see pics of your setup :)

-PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay on posting the pic for you, we are getting back to rehearsals now...
I really like how convenient it is for transporting, even if there's a bit of an extra cost to buying 2 cases.

I just hook/unhook the AXEII rack for rehearsals/home use, on gig days having the 2 cases distributing the weight makes it much easier to manage, and lighter on the back!!!!

View attachment 21879

Just moved an need to setup differently. Is it safe to leave the axe fx faceup like that and how to do you handle cabling from the bottom like that?

Back
Top Bottom