Axe-Fx on tour, w/pics

Who are you playing with? I recall "female pop artist" in the past from you, but not a specific name. Looks like fun!

the pictures don't offer a lot of detail for a reason, I'm sure; but the female lead's hair and posterior do look awfully familiar. just can't place the attributes conclusively without more evidence, or at least a high resolution close-up. though, what really matters here are the details around the OP's experiences with the axe on while on tour. i.e. patch layout, backline setup, secondary backup units, IEM use, etc... so grammar, if you're so inclined; please take some time to walk us through your touring rig at some point. :)

Guess what kinda act we are LOL.. We tour around the Midwest " The Crown Jewels" A Tribute To Queen if your interested. Although the stack of AC-30 cabs looks cool.. the real magic sits right behind them in a Rack..Axe FX II XL I use a 50/50 power amp and couple of the cabs for on stage monitoring and ambient sound from OUTPUT 2. OUTPUT 1 goes straight to FOH. . Patch i use is basically VOX AC30 with treble boost in front. 2X12 Cab and some chorus..Just like MR May. Then i use couple different scenes with some delay effects and some Pitch shift harmony effects here and there. Sounds pretty frickin good If i say so my self. LOL.. Thanks Fractal for makin my life easy

11156265_10153154974505049_4929574628960496205_nbig.jpg 10402404_10204037246352567_2787328910757092033_n.jpg 11037813_10153154965175049_7739347570602507091_n.jpg CJ1.jpg

@ grammar Ya.. there empty except for 2 of them. ( ya ya i know.. some folks don't like the fake amp thing but from my perspective, I'm putting on a show, and part of that show is the Theatrical aspect of it of it, not just the music. If it was just about the music, then we wouldn't bother setting up lights and smoke and explosions and lasers and wear stage costumes and all that stuff either.) And a wall of AC-30's like queen used looks cool !! They are just loaded with speakers. No amp in them to keep the weight down. Just to give some of that Guitar/AMP interaction we all love ( Feedback !!) We use IEM, so technically don't need it, but Sounds a bit fuller to me. So I just loaded a couple of them and just use OUPUT2 to drive a 50/50 stereo power amp the powers the 2 cabs. pretty simple. Having wedges or something built into the stage would be a better way to go, but we have to deal with various setups stage wise, so this seemed like the simplest way to get some on stage guitar sound with out having to add more stuff. !!

View attachment 26051

Here is my current rig...

Signal Flow: Gtr - Line6 Wireless - XL - FOH

No amps on stage, in-ears with 2 wedges hidden under staging.

I still can't believe how happy I am with my tone. It's so damn fun too!!!

Now that is a nice rig, how is the Line 6 wireless? I'm waiting for them to update the rack unit to the new design before I jump in. Are the wedges just for feedback? I haven't had one in 2 years

Spot the Axe Fx

DSC_3790_zpsdxsqdnnl.jpg

WANTED: The Bon Jovi Tribute Band: Home Page

Back
Top Bottom