Axe-FX NAME TIMEOUT!

Charles Kock

Hello,

I have a Axe-FX NAME TIMEOUT!
I have read the several threads about this, but I don't have a solution.

I connect the Axe-FX 11 with cat 5. I also can't switch anymore. Till yesterday it works fine. The Axe has the latest update.

Please help me.

Charles

I am reading in your post that your gear has worked in the past so the configuration is proper and has not changed...

Every time this happens to me it is the CAT5 cable not making a good connection. Usually enough to get power to the MFC, but not good enough to allow communication. I have fixed it by unplugging and re-plugging my CAT 5, but would guess you have tried this. Possible the cable has lost one of the connections? Maybe try with a different CAT5 or use a MIDI just to see if it corrects?

after reading every thread about this specific problem, i troubleshot my heart out. I updated my firmware on my MFC, i did all the proper configs on my MFC, and i bought 5 different Cat5s cables. And just when i was about to give up, one of those 5 cat5e cables worked!!!! THEN STOPPED WORKING!!! this is when i realized i had a loose connection on my axefx II Ethernet port. With a little applied pressure in the downward position, i make a pretty good connection and all is well. I hope this helps anyone going through the same heart ache i was going through.

Hmmm, I am also getting "time out" when I use a long Ethernet cable , 25ft. ( tried several ) Works fine on a 3 ft cable.
Mine won't work with 7 pin and phantom power at all.

just checked. I have two AXE FX II and one MFC-101 and one cable. The problem is in the AXE FX! Because one of AXE FX's is working with MFC with no problems but another one does not! What is the problem with AXE FX may be?

The Dreaded AXE-FX NAME TIMEOUT!

I am also having this issue. I have only used my Axe-FX a few times and always just in my home Studio. I have never had an issue until I upgraded the firmware on both units last night. I have read every post on every thread about this and nothing has worked. I can understand if there seems to be a quality issue with the actual ethernet port on the Axe-FX, but I don't know why it would happen immediately after the firmware updates. I suppose it could be a coincidence. Very frustrating as I have an audition in 2 weeks. I'm glad I kept my Vetta II as a backup, but I hate taking a step backwards in sound quality.

Back
Top Bottom