"Axe FX Name Timeout!"? / Midi signal cutting in and out

NicoleFX

No matter what mode I'm in(song/set/preset), it will say "S01" for song 1 for example, then always goes back to "Axe Fx Name Timeout!" any idea how to get rid of this?

As far as the MIDI signal thing, the cutting out only happens when my foot controller is plugged in. Every time the red midi light flashes on the Axe FX, the signal cuts out for a split second.. really messes with the sustain of whatever effect I'm using. Does this happen for anyone else or is there something I'm doing wrong? Still new to this thing.. Any advice is appreciates.

Also there have been a few times where I go to switch to a different effect and its stuck on the last effect, takes well over a few seconds to actually switch.. same thing with the tuner, I have to push the tuner button on the controller a million times before it STAYS on the tuning screen on the axe fx. Help!

Nicole

How old is the MFC? New ... or have you had it and used it for a while without probs until now?

Have you another midi foot contoller you could try/borrow? (Just to rule the Axe out of the equation)

Given that another poster has been having same problem with their new MFC it might indicate a faulty component making it's way into a batch ....

<edit> ..... I'd contact Support in any case ...

The MFC is brand new, its always done it since I got it a few months ago...

I'm really not even sure HOW I would use another controller? Although the axe fx Ultra I bought used but I cleared it out, software was updated and everything..

If the Ultra's Midi in settings are set to Omni/All - then any midi controller should at least increment the presets.

Try the 2 MIDI cable option, if it clears up...It's time for quality cables. Mine did the same thing and I bought a 7pin MIDI cable from Best-Tronics.No problems anymore. Fractal should bump up the price and include Best-Tronics cables with MFC purchase.

I'm having the same issue. Latest firmare, all settings correct according to other threads I've read. Still I get the Timeout error and popping in sync with the midi light. I'm using a cat-5, and I don't really want to do the 2 midi cable thing. Also, I do find it strange that my unit came with no cat5 cable or even usb cable. Is this really standard on a unit this expensive? Not sure what to do but this stutter sucks.

Any help please?
Cheers

There have been a number of issues reported with the physical rj45 jacks. My MFC didn't work at all with cat5 when I first got it. The problem turned out to be the jack on the Axe-Fx II had slightly bent pins inside it.

Check the rj45 connection jack on both the MFC and the Axe-II. Look very closely at the pins inside, make sure they appear straight and aligned with eachother. I carefully reached in and straightened mine with a small flathead jewelers screwdriver.

Also, look at the plastic rj45 plug on each end of your cable.. bend the plastic tab outward a bit so that when you insert it into the jack it seats in with a bit more pressure and makes a good solid 'click' when it's in all the way.

Mine has worked fine ever since, but I wouldn't gig without a 7-pin midi cable and MFC power supply as a backup.

Back
Top Bottom