Axe-fx name timeout and Waiting for tuner problem after update 100 %

reverweb

Inspired
Running the axe II in he 5.07. I did a factory reset in the axe and other in the mfc too.

Anybody know what happens?

Thanks

I get the AX FX NAME TIMOUT as well sometimes. No idea why.

QUOTE=Razvan Grigorescu;664665]i keep receiving the AX FX NAME TIMEOUT after 6.00 and mfc 2.01....any idea why this happens? thanks[/QUOTE]

i did a general system reset on MFC (the F11+power on thing) AFTER the update and the problem solved! Before that, I've done this BEFORE the update to 2.01 and o got the axe fx name timeout and tuner issue.
anyway, now the TOTALSYNC feature is just amazing. no matter what i do, on what i do, it gets synced with the other equipments (if i change a preset on axe edit, it changes also on mfc and axefx and all the other combinations around!!!)
thank you FAS!

Reactions: NHD
I have the same issue, but could not solve it (several rj-45 cables and midi tried, reset ...) ... has anyone some more ideas? thanks ...

Last edited:
If a reset didn't work, load 2.01 , and reset again. Not seeing that here now.
2.01 Solid.

thanks, I tried it already, same issue.
I rolled the fw back (4.01 & 1.04) and now also does not work.

Last edited:
i did a general system reset on MFC (the F11+power on thing) AFTER the update and the problem solved! Before that, I've done this BEFORE the update to 2.01 and o got the axe fx name timeout and tuner issue.
anyway, now the TOTALSYNC feature is just amazing. no matter what i do, on what i do, it gets synced with the other equipments (if i change a preset on axe edit, it changes also on mfc and axefx and all the other combinations around!!!)
thank you FAS!

watch it some hot actress pics

_------

So I tried several FW-Updates and resets (after the update) on several different connections (MIDI, CAT5/6) and found a half-solution.
It works well with 7-pin MIDI-Cable (power with external PS connected on the back of Axe). CAT5/6 (Expansion Port) still does not work - i tried at least 10 cables, some of then brand new. So for me it seems to be a connection issue - perhaps is some wire disconnected (cold) inside of MFC or Axe ...

No, I'm having the same problem. I've tried 3 CAT5 cables and still no connectivity. 7 pin Midi using phantom power or direct power to MFC works fine. With CAT5, everything powers up, but I get AXE-FX NAME TIMEOUT! error message.

Is there a fix for this yet?

Same issue here. Midi works great as always. Cat5 connections either time out or are very intermittent and slow.

Same problem here! updated and when pressing Tuner i get the same message. Epxantion, Axe II mode is correct selected here. Still same problem.

Just an update in case anybody else is working through the name time-out with the cat5 cable. Like all things Fractal over the years, somebody else has already solved the problem - you just have to look hard enough. I did finally. I reset the MFC AGAIN (this time with the 7-pin midi providing power, probably didn't make a difference), then switched back to cat5, checked the settings, etc. Now it works like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom