Axe-Fx III Manual Update 20.x

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
The Axe-Fx III manual has been updated for firmware 20.x
The cover should show "Current as of Axe-Fx III Firmware 20.x - July 2022". If not, please reload the file or clear your cache and try again.

In addition to other changes, the diagram on p. 20 was now correctly shows that "SPDIF/AES Out Source: USB 7/8" is derived from to USB output channels (computer recording) rather than input channels (computer playback). Remember that Inputs and Outputs in the SETUP menu are always named with reference to the Axe-Fx, not the computer.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-3/Axe-Fx-III-Owners-Manual.pdf

The updated Blocks Guide and FC Manuals are almost ready, and will be out after the release of 20.02.

Please send any comments about errors or proofreading to me via private message.

You can see that note at the bottom of the screen capture below:
1657208426840.png

Last edited:
cheers Matt. i'm actually still unclear how you would go about processing audio coming in from USB with the DSP before it goes to the headphone out, would this be worth including in the manual as well? even with an empty preset you still get USB audio in passed to headphone out and it's not intuitive to me how to route it

The Axe-Fx III manual has been updated for firmware 20.x
The cover should show "Current as of Axe-Fx III Firmware 20.x - July 2022". If not, please reload the file or clear your cache and try again.

In addition to other changes, the diagram on p. 20 was now correctly shows that "SPDIF/AES Out Source: USB 7/8" is derived from to USB output channels (computer recording) rather than input channels (computer playback). Remember that Inputs and Outputs in the SETUP menu are always named with reference to the Axe-Fx, not the computer.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-3/Axe-Fx-III-Owners-Manual.pdf

The updated Blocks Guide and FC Manuals are almost ready, and will be out after the release of 20.02.

Please send any comments about errors or proofreading to me via private message.

You can see that note at the bottom of the screen capture below:
View attachment 104573
Awesome! Thanks Matt & team Fractal!

cheers Matt. i'm actually still unclear how you would go about processing audio coming in from USB with the DSP before it goes to the headphone out, would this be worth including in the manual as well? even with an empty preset you still get USB audio in passed to headphone out and it's not intuitive to me how to route it
I can help with that and may be able to add it to the manual's FAQ for you too.
Send signal to Axe-Fx III USB outputs 7/8 in the computer.
Insert the INPUT USB Block on the grid, followed by any effects, followed by the Output 1 block.

1657239557034.png
Do it on boring Zoom calls to make the conversants sound like space chipmunks in a dungeon.

Last edited:
You can use an In USB block as Matt described, but, depending on exactly what you're doing, it may be simpler to just switch the Input 1 Source on the Audio page to Digital and send your computer audio to channel 5/6. That way you don't have to edit any presets.

Back
Top Bottom