Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed maybe a bug or oversight on some amps. In authentic mode, several amps (Triaxis models, Div/13 that I can remember off the top of my head) that did not have the bright switch on the tone page would default to having the bright switch on when reset.

I noticed maybe a bug or oversight on some amps. In authentic mode, several amps (Triaxis models, Div/13 that I can remember off the top of my head) that did not have the bright switch on the tone page would default to having the bright switch on when reset.

AFAIK: there isn't a Bright switch on the Tone page, because there isn't such a switch on the actual amp, neither a Bright channel or Bright input.

But on the other page the Bright control can still be turned on, because that setting also corresponds with a bright cap on the volume control. That has always been the case.

AFAIK: there isn't a Bright switch on the Tone page, because there isn't such a switch on the actual amp, neither a Bright channel or Bright input.

But on the other page the Bright control can still be turned on, because that also corresponds with a bright cap on the volume control. That has always been the case.
Why would an amp with no bright switch default to having it on? Not very authentic. Not very ergonomic either as you have to go all the way to the last page to turn it off!

Bright switches usually engage a smallish cap across the volume control to preserve high end at lower volumes- I'm totally guessing here, but maybe those amps are hardwired in with the cap in place? So while there may not be a switch on the amp, it's the equivalent of having the switch on all the time, and defaulting the switch that we have on is stock, but we also have the option of turning it off if we want... just a guess.

Those amps have a "bright switch" that is permanently on but there is no physical switch on the actual amp. The capacitor is hard-wired.

Loaded this beta last night. Played for a couple hours straight.

The Plexis are now naughty, nasty, mean amps. Touch sensitivity is off the charts good.

All around excellent.

Thank you!

Agreed...and I’m not normally a Plexi guy but I played a bunch for hours last night.

And Cliff mentioned that he already has done coding to make the 4 beta even better ? That’s CRAZY TALK !

Those amps have a "bright switch" that is permanently on but there is no physical switch on the actual amp. The capacitor is hard-wired.
OK, makes sense. It is just the way authentic is implemented, it's a lot of scrolling to just turn the bright switch off. Could it be possible to have an ideal tone page right after the authentic tone page rather than a global authentic/ideal option with the ideal tone settings all the way back in the advanced page? Please?

OK, makes sense. It is just the way authentic is implemented, it's a lot of scrolling to just turn the bright switch off. Could it be possible to have an ideal tone page right after the authentic tone page rather than a global authentic/ideal option with the ideal tone settings all the way back in the advanced page? Please?
Curious - are you turning it off because you don’t want it on, or are you turning it off because the Amp doesn’t technically have one?

You're asking for access to non-authentic controls. Don't use authentic.

Ok so one more question regarding the PAB Amps; I noticed on the Authentic page they don’t have any tone controls, (which is what I thought was correct but was told they do work in another thread.) So now I’m confused once again..
So when the PAB is ON, (or in our case, using the PAB version of the Amp) do the tone controls work? And if they do, how is it operating differently? I was under the impression that last thread that Normal operation the tone controls were pre-gain circuit and in PAB operation the Tone Controls were post-gain. But now I’m back to square one wondering if they are completely bypassed.
*edit- this is using AxeEdit for the record.

Curious - are you turning it off because you don’t want it on, or are you turning it off because the Amp doesn’t technically have one?
I'm turning it off because 99% of the time, I hate how it sounds with it on. Way to bright, thin, shrill, ice pick through the ear drum.

Ok so one more question regarding the PAB Amps; I noticed on the Authentic page they don’t have any tone controls, (which is what I thought was correct but was told they do work in another thread.) So now I’m confused once again..
So when the PAB is ON, (or in our case, using the PAB version of the Amp) do the tone controls work? And if they do, how is it operating differently? I was under the impression that last thread that Normal operation the tone controls were pre-gain circuit and in PAB operation the Tone Controls were post-gain. But now I’m back to square one wondering if they are completely bypassed.
*edit- this is using AxeEdit for the record.
They work but with all controls at 5.00 the response is flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom