Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.04 Release

You may have a failed battery... Try changing a global setting to a non-default setting and then cycle power and see if the setting remains or resets to default.

If it resets then likely the battery is dead or somehow not correctly inserted.

Isn’t everything saved to RAM these days, no battery needed? I know my JMP-1 uses a battery, but it’s 1990s tech.

Isn’t everything saved to RAM these days, no battery needed? I know my JMP-1 uses a battery, but it’s 1990s tech.
Ram is volitle and is cleared often. This is why phones, firmware on most devices, etc. use non-volatile memory (it holds a small change at all times, similar to a clock chip) this why most devices have a watch style battery that lasts for years, including most computers.

James

You may have a failed battery... Try changing a global setting to a non-default setting and then cycle power and see if the setting remains or resets to default.

If it resets then likely the battery is dead or somehow not correctly inserted.
The unit doesn’t keep global settings if changed. It’s retained my presets (even though I have a backup anyway), and they sound exactly as they should. I’m not sure why the global and FC settings have wiped but the presets haven’t 🤷‍♀️ Either way I suspect it might be a battery thing as well. I will be contacting support later today so I’ll see what they can say as well.

The unit doesn’t keep global settings if changed. It’s retained my presets (even though I have a backup anyway), and they sound exactly as they should. I’m not sure why the global and FC settings have wiped but the presets haven’t 🤷‍♀️ Either way I suspect it might be a battery thing as well. I will be contacting support later today so I’ll see what they can say as well.
Presets are kept in FLASH. Global and FC settings are kept in battery-backed RAM. It definitely sounds like a dead battery. The battery is a CR2032.

Presets are kept in FLASH. Global and FC settings are kept in battery-backed RAM. It definitely sounds like a dead battery. The battery is a CR2032.
I've noticed that the separate Volume parameters in the MultiTap Delay Blocks have stopped responding from FW 20.04 on. On my Turbo as well as on my MKII.

Working fine here. Make sure you are using the latest version of Axe-Edit.
There might still be something wrong with the Levels of the Multitap Delay if it's used as Global Block (works fine when it's not set as Global). This started with FW 20.04:

When I set
Level 1 to 25%
Level 2 to 75%
Level 3 to 40%
Level 4 to 60%

... and save it as Global Block it works fine for a while. But suddenly (have not found out when exactly, but I have to switch to a different preset which uses the same Global Block) the Levels change to:

Level 1: 62.5%
Level 2: 87.5%
Level 3: 70.0%
Level 4: 80.0%.

Quote from the release notes: "Increased the range of the Level parameters in Multitap Delay to -100% to +100%."
Maybe it has something to do with this?

Probably some wrong calculation somewhere, because :openmouth::
2 x 62,5% - 25% = 100%
2 x 87,5% - 75% = 100%
2 x 70,0% - 40% = 100%
2 x 80,0% - 60% = 100%

Last edited:
I finally spent more time with all the fender amps, and at loud volume they are way better than at bedroom level. Nothing to compare. It’s not new that the volume change it all but until now I never really tried the fender’s ones loud. And now I like them. None of them can be cranked without having a weird distortion, so I found some combinaisons with ods that finally worked.

Some fender combo got useable distortion like the supersonic 22.

It can be a nice add as this one is one of the only fender working well in 2 channels (don’t know if this amp is in the wish list, but I played a lot with this one in a Music Store, it was fun)

Édit : now in the wish section 😅🙃

Last edited:
Working fine here. Make sure you are using the latest version of Axe-Edit.
for what it's worth I also observed the multitap block become unresponsive, but I couldn't figure out exactly how that happens.

Also the editor seems to have some kind of memory leak as I left it open on my mac laptop overnight and I came back to a scorching hot computer with fans at full blast and Axe FX Edit unresponsive. Never happened before, the only software running was Axe Edit.

Back
Top Bottom