Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.00 Public Beta (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI Greg,

Is that possible from Axe edit, or are you using Fractool for that?
Thanks
Pauly

I used the ability to do a bulk change to my amp blocks and updated them to 2, the new default, in one pass. Then I wandered through them and raised the value where it seemed sensible, like crunch and lead scenes.

HI Greg,

Is that possible from Axe edit, or are you using Fractool for that?
Thanks
Pauly
Axe Edit using the Batch Set function.

From the Wiki:

"Parameter Batch Set"
"The editors provide a hidden Parameter Batch Set function. Right-click on a parameter while holding down SHIFT to display a context menu, then select "Set In Multiple Presets". Selecting a sub-menu item will display the Preset Picker from which you can select multiple presets to batch set the parameter value."

Thanks @JoKeR III
Pauly
Axe Edit using the Batch Set function.

From the Wiki:

"Parameter Batch Set"
"The editors provide a hidden Parameter Batch Set function. Right-click on a parameter while holding down SHIFT to display a context menu, then select "Set In Multiple Presets". Selecting a sub-menu item will display the Preset Picker from which you can select multiple presets to batch set the parameter value."

Something I am really liking...

Put a chorus 100% mix in parallel and add the dyn dist in stereo after (or before, I prefer after). It does wonders for fine tuning the chorus. It is like secret sauce on chorus :)

This is brilliant. Any specific combos/settings you're using?

Running dyn dist. stereo after a stereo chorus or delay is sweet. The flat setting is pretty cool to cop the vibe of the old CE-1 preamp too.

I took a chorus I was using for vibrato , ran it in parallel and add the dyn distortion in stereo after (of course you get a volume boost this way but easy enough to add a mixer block. I liked the dynamic depth cut , and the dynamic mid boost.

1653661737710.png

1653661779459.png1653661822198.png1653662416160.png
1653662138694.png

Last edited:
This is brilliant. Any specific combos/settings you're using?

Running dyn dist. stereo after a stereo chorus or delay is sweet. The flat setting is pretty cool to cop the vibe of the old CE-1 preamp too.
heck, even using flat adds just a little something. This effect only seems to happen in parallel. In series, it just doesn't do the same thing.

For phasers it sounds better to me if the dyn dist is in front of the phaser block.

so with the Amps in series , you just put the 2 amp blocks in series does that eliminate the gap and allow you to switch all 8 channels without drop outs

Of course, of the target is something other than just switching there is a purpose. I think it's prefer a Plexi in parallel with a jcm800 though

But why would you put the amp blocks in series rather than in parallel?
Series means you can't run them both at once, unless you actually mean to run one into the other for mega gain, which probably not, except in rare cases, for me anyway.

Virtually all of my two-amp presets have them in parallel, not to avoid switching gaps or noises, but because combining two different tones in parallel can be interesting.

In any case, it's great if switching time and noise artifacts have been reduced.

I have so much FOMO with this dynamic block. I've done the update when it came out just haven't had time to play since.

@FractalAudio

I'm seeing an incorrect interpretation of the FC layout for my FC12. For instance, using both the current Editor and the previous one, when running firmware 19.08, my Rotary switch in the Effects layout is assigned to switch 5 for Tap, but on v20b4, it's showing up as Reverb 2…Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 6.11.49 PM.png
screen-shot-2022-05-27-at-6-23-52-pm-png.102656

Notice that in 20b4 the effect names are incorrect except for the hold function for switch 5. Switches 6 and 10-12 are correctly pointing to layout changes and the utilities.

I can forward the layout file if you want, but I duplicated the same issue using the built-in FC12 layout.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 6.23.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 6.23.52 PM.png
    849.7 KB · Views: 1,084
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom