Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06

Had another weird thing happen with scene ignore blocks.
Created new preset with several blocks with scene ignore, used Axe Edit. I Bypassed most of the blocks with scene ignore. I then disconnected Axe Edit and disconnected the usb cable. I saved the preset again without un bypassing any of the blocks. So at this point I had 4 blocks bypassed and scene ignore enabled. I turned the unit off and then back on, at this point all scene ignore blocks we’re enabled I had to go into the preset and bypass them all again.

Had another weird thing happen with scene ignore blocks.
Created new preset with several blocks with scene ignore, used Axe Edit. I Bypassed most of the blocks with scene ignore. I then disconnected Axe Edit and disconnected the usb cable. I saved the preset again without un bypassing any of the blocks. So at this point I had 4 blocks bypassed and scene ignore enabled. I turned the unit off and then back on, at this point all scene ignore blocks we’re enabled I had to go into the preset and bypass them all again.
I am having the opposite issue I save it as on, I power it down and when I power back up it is off.

I am having the opposite issue I save it as on, I power it down and when I power back up it is off.
I'm probably off base here, but it almost seems like scene ignore isn't exactly what it says on the tin, it's more like it remembers its state when it thinks that's appropriate, and restores that remembered state when it thinks it should.

OG Post: Yesterday

So this is kinda weird: If I am on this preset, first pitch block off, then I go down one preset then back up to the attached preset the first pitch block is on when it was saved off. If I go up one preset and back down to the attached preset the first pitch block is off. It happens every time. I am running into this on other presets with two pitch blocks.

This happens via FC12 and AXE-Edit

See attached preset:

Attachments​

• Brit JVM OD1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
UPDATE: I have scene ignore on and save it as on, power down and back up it is off. See Capo D JVM
Please attach all three presets in the order that they are stored in the unit.

Please attach all three presets in the order that they are stored in the unit.
Look at the compressor block, all three have Scene Ignore on.
Preset #1 if I turn the comp block off and do not save then go to #2 or #3 by arrowing up via Axe Edit affects all three presets with the comp block. This happens every time.

I can also reproduce this via FC12 and the Front Panel without saving.
I can also start with #3 turn on or off the comp block, do not save I get the same results.

Any of the blocks I have Scene Ignore on all three presets does this also.

This was a nightmare this weekend lucky I brought my laptop and turn off all Scene Ignore

Attachments

• #1 BE V2 RIG 1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
  • #2 Brit JVM OD1.syx
  • #3 STS CORN.syx
Preset #1 if I turn the comp block off and do not save then go to #2 or #3 by arrowing up via Axe Edit affects all three presets with the comp block. This happens every time.

I can also start with #3 turn on or off the comp block, do not save I get the same results.

This was a nightmare this weekend lucky I brought my laptop and turn off all Scene Ignore
I took a look at your presets in the order you have posted and can confirm this from Axe Edit.

I am slowly going through each block. What's strange is, if I go to #1 and turn the Chorus on and scroll through the presets, the block works as intended. However, if I put the Scene Ignore on in that block, then scroll through, it turns the Chorus on in #2. But when I go to #3, it defaults to bypassed. The only difference appears to be whether or not Scene Ignore is toggled.

It does not seem to affect every block with Scene Ignore though. For instance, the Delay block is not affected by this.

Last edited:
I took a look at your presets in the order you have posted and can confirm this from Axe Edit.

I am slowly going through each block. What's strange is, if I go to #1 and turn the Chorus on and scroll through the presets, the block works as intended. However, if I put the Scene Ignore on in that block, then scroll through, it turns the Chorus on in #2. But when I go to #3, it defaults to bypassed. The only difference appears to be whether or not Scene Ignore is toggled.

It does not seem to affect every block with Scene Ignore though. For instance, the Delay block is not affected by this.
Thank you for taking the time to look at this. I greatly appreciate it

This has been fixed for the next release.

Preset updates are posted separately to Firmware updates and are files you simply transfer to your unit. Updating FW does not update your presets
But firmware updates affect presets sometimes. We've all had to tweak certain things after a firmware update. For me it is such a simple task, I don't even think twice.

Back
Top Bottom