Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.09

The ODS-100 CLEAN sounds absolutely wonderful.

Thanks FAS !

(and the FORD 1, FORD 2 and FORD Mid Boost)

Last edited:
Okay......but it seems general practice in a lot of approaches.....wondering if this changes now.....

i'm finding in my presets i'm having to reduce the hi-cut to get back some of the high end information... so far. havent been able to blast it so that might change at band volume.

Quick question, I updated the firmware but if I update the presets is it going to wipe out all my presets or just update them? And do you have to update the presets to get all the benefits of this update?

Quick question, I updated the firmware but if I update the presets is it going to wipe out all my presets or just update them? And do you have to update the presets to get all the benefits of this update?

Yes and no. Use fractal bot and select the preset bank you wanna upload. When you select upload it will give you the option where to store it on the Axe from a drop down list. I think the first bank is 1-128 something like that I'd need to check.

I have a bunch of presets I have done. I have them at the end of my presets. I have also made minor changes to the factory presets and re-ordered them and did the color codes for them. Am I going to lose all that?

I have a bunch of presets I have done. I have them at the end of my presets. I have also made minor changes to the factory presets and re-ordered them and did the color codes for them. Am I going to lose all that?

You will if you set fractal bot to save the preset bank to those preset numbers.

You'll retain any presets that are saved outside of Bank A (001-128 or so) if you save the new preset bank to bank A.

If any of the presets you edited lie within the numbers of 001-128, they will be overwritten.

These are updated factory presets, meaning that they are new presets that overwrite the old ones.

Dumb question maybe but my factory presets 1-128 I moved all around meaning. My number one might be 150 and so forth. How does that work. I tried to put the factory presets more in a order that I use all the time. I take it is not smart enough to know and just overrights what is there

Dumb question maybe but my factory presets 1-128 I moved all around meaning. My number one might be 150 and so forth. How does that work. I tried to put the factory presets more in a order that I use all the time. I take it is not smart enough to know and just overrights what is there

You'd have to upload it to the next empty bank then. If you click on manage in the preset section in axe edit you can move presets about and save them to different locations. That's what I did anyway all my preset are saved at the beginning of the axe then I have other user presets and then the factory ones. I just uploaded the factory ones to an empty bank and moved them in the order I wanted them. Don't have Axe Edit and Fractal Bot open at the same time by the way they won't work correctly other wise.

1. You don’t need to download the factory presets to get the benefits of the firmware changes. They are optional. Some, like me and evidently you, use these as a starting point, study to see how they created specific sounds, draw inspiration etc. Others delete them off their units or never load them.
2. If you do decide to install them, make a backup first!
3. You don’t have to install them all over anything if you have enough empty slots. You can also drag them in individually (I think someone explained how earlier in this thread how to do it) and only replace the ones you want to.

1. You don’t need to download the factory presets to get the benefits of the firmware changes. They are optional. Some, like me and evidently you, use these as a starting point, study to see how they created specific sounds, draw inspiration etc. Others delete them off their units or never load them.
2. If you do decide to install them, make a backup first!
3. You don’t have to install them all over anything if you have enough empty slots. You can also drag them in individually (I think someone explained how earlier in this thread how to do it) and only replace the ones you want to.

Thanks, I have changed so many things that it would be a lot of work to go back and update all the new presets.

Sorry but can you please advise me how I should use Updated factory presets zip file?
Unzip preset syx-files (3). Start FracBot. Select AF-III (must be powerd up and usb connected). In Send tab browse presets Bank A file. Click send, choose Bank A in pull down. Click OK. Presets bank A will be transferred (may take a while). Easy peasy.

Back
Top Bottom