Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else notice that since this update, the two dynamic mic options in the dynacab blocks are exactly the same sound? No change in them at all. They used to have a difference. Now when making a cab block they dont. Is it just me? It doesnt seem to matter which cab is chosen either.

Last edited:
To me, the new model sounds exactly like this channel (TB, not HW):

View attachment 138501
This is identical to my 1994 ac30tb. My assumption is the new brilliant amp is this layout (year tbd) plugged into the top brilliant input. I will say I believe one of those inputs (top one) was a bit hotter than the other. This is from memory and if someone said I was wrong, I wouldn’t argue with them.

Does anyone else notice that since this update, the two dynamic mic options in the dynacab blocks are exactly the same sound? No change in them at all. They used to have a difference. Now when making a cab block they dont. Is it just me? It doesnt seem to matter which cab is chosen either.
Yep! Posted about this earlier. I think it’s a bug. @FractalAudio

Updating a preset with the new firmware the tone is radically different or the differences are just slight nuances?
I would like to know in practice: can I update and go to a concert or do I have to correct each preset because with the new firmware their sound has been dramatically changed?

Updating a preset with the new firmware the tone is radically different or the differences are just slight nuances?
I would like to know in practice: can I update and go to a concert or do I have to correct each preset because with the new firmware their sound has been dramatically changed?

YMMV

Backup your presets and system.

Load new fw and refresh & audition your presets

You decide if the new fw dramatically alters the presets

If so …revert to previous fw and/or reload saved presets

When convenient load new fw and readjust

I cant believe that. But we are humans. Probably I´m wrong. Great sounding final FW. But 25 beta was over a few days heaven for me. (Eastern, hahhaha
Owning two identical units I made the experience that even smalest differences in volume have a huge impact on how you judge the sound. So to get back that glorious 25b3 sound, turn the volume up some. 😀

YMMV

Backup your presets and system.

Load new fw and refresh & audition your presets

You decide if the new fw dramatically alters the presets

If so …revert to previous fw and/or reload saved presets

When convenient load new fw and readjust

+1

And do not forget to do some recording for reamp with the old FW and your favorite presets, to compare with the new FW. Because the perceived changes may be more self-induced placebo than what you think.

Last edited:
I think someone else posted this same thing upstream the other day.

I checked it and hear a difference ... mh ... never trust my/your ears? We need more opinions.

It’s always been amazing but this FW fills out the high mids in that amp in a most pleasing manner. It sounded scooped to the extent of having screechy high end in previous FWs (which was easy to dial out, just turn down the Presence) but this FW makes it sound sweet yet cutting.
Gonna give this amp a go again this afternoon based on this. I have tried it occasionally on it's factory preset, and it was pretty cool, but I'm gonna build a new user preset from scratch, and bust out my LTD Iron Cross. I'm thinking any V30 recto/slant/ straight i.r..even an oversized might do nicely. Or maybe an Engl cab. Anything you recommend cab wise man?

It’s always been amazing but this FW fills out the high mids in that amp in a most pleasing manner. It sounded scooped to the extent of having screechy high end in previous FWs (which was easy to dial out, just turn down the Presence) but this FW makes it sound sweet yet cutting.
Do you find this firmware has improved your HBE sound you loved prior , I know there are so many other models was just curious if the. Mid push has perhaps brought that model back to life for you ?

I checked several cabs and I definitely hear a difference between Dynamic 1 and 2. DynaCabs are updated independently of the DSP firmware, so it's probably unlikely that this update broke them. Were you on a clean or dirty preset when you tried this? The difference between the mics would be more obvious with a dirty amp.

Do you find this firmware has improved your HBE sound you loved prior , I know there are so many other models was just curious if the. Mid push has perhaps brought that model back to life for you ?
This is an excellent reminder for me to revisit it in the new FW! Though I imagine it wouldn't be the way it was in Ares since Cliff mentioned on TGF that the BE/HBE had been idealised a bit in the Ares-era wherein the gain pot had been moved to a different location in the preamp, making the model sound different (and better in his opinion and mine, if I may add) than the actual Friedman design. But I'll definitely give it a whirl later tonight to see if I like it any better than earlier Cygnus iterations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom