Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From release notes:

1. Updated Power Tube Grid Bias (or Cathode Resistance, as applicable) default value for most amp models. Existing presets are NOT altered. A soft or hard reset will load the updated value.

2. Updated Supply Sag default values for many amp models. Existing presets are NOT altered. A soft or hard reset will load the updated value.

3. Updated Cathode Follower default values for many amp models. Existing presets are NOT altered. A soft or hard reset will load the updated value.

These are the only 3 user parameters that have changed & would have the forced update IF Cliff changes the final release to do so.
All other user parameters would be untouched.

From release notes:

1. Updated Power Tube Grid Bias (or Cathode Resistance, as applicable) default value for most amp models. Existing presets are NOT altered. A soft or hard reset will load the updated value.

2. Updated Supply Sag default values for many amp models. Existing presets are NOT altered. A soft or hard reset will load the updated value.

3. Updated Cathode Follower default values for many amp models. Existing presets are NOT altered. A soft or hard reset will load the updated value.

These are the only 3 user parameters that have changed & would have the forced update IF Cliff changes the final release to do so.
I may have lost track of the obvious answer to this, but it's there a way to update just those setting with the new defaults, and leave all other settings untouched?

From release notes:

close to 3 but not 3.

cathode follower is 3 parameters by itself:
1711663353807.png

cathode resistance:
1711663507593.png

tube grid bias:
1711663549880.png

sag:
1711663613489.png

These parameters are also dependent on others as well. For example tube grid bias at 60% does not tell the tale of 60% of what.
There are other factors at play:
1711663692325.png

If you have not done so, get a copy of Fractool, kindly donate to Al, and you can backup all parameters for any block and have them handy.

Making all this much more difficult than it is / needs to be …
Like I stated, I'm in for whatever values Cliff decides to reset to default on upgrade when the Release version comes. It would clear a ton of this soft/hard reset stuff up if the resets were automatic.
Backup all presets, use Fractool if absolutely needed to help analyze anything later if necessary and move forward with X3

Correct, only existing presets prior to this fw would need the soft or hard resets as per the release notes. Any presets made on this current fw are good to go ( no resets needed as they will have all the updated defaults in them already)
So this is true as it should be which would make complete sense, thank you. Finally.

Not exactly, no. The problem is there is no way to create presets on the Axe-FX (except a special sequence when you boot your Axe-FX). You always start from an existing preset. However, as long as you make a selection from the amp type menu in the course of creating your new preset, you should be ok.

Not exactly, no. The problem is there is no way to create presets on the Axe-FX (except a special sequence when you boot your Axe-FX). You always start from an existing preset. However, as long as you make a selection from the amp type menu in the course of creating your new preset, you should be ok.
Wouldn't that be starting from scratch? A blank grid, which means you would be choosing a brand new amp type.

I finally downloaded this beta and did the amp reset through Axe-edit. First on my handfull of regularly used presets. They still sounded great afterwards. They sound even better after a small tweak of the eq tab.
After trying my go-to presets I did a mass reset of all of my presets with Axe-edit.

Of course I couldn't do a direct A/B comparison, but I think my presets sounds better than before.

Regardless, of any of this bottom line is do whatever you need to reset or no reset config change or whatever till you get what you want till you're happy and start jamming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom