Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget

Does resetting an amp block (soft and hard) reset all the amps on its 4 channels?
note that the Block menu shows "reset channel" so it resets the channel.

i believe on hardware, the Reset that appears in the Edit screen of the Block also resets just that channel, but i haven't done that in a while and i'm not at the gear now to confirm.

You got it.
By the way, what happens if I received the beta on a ship at sea heading east, and then crossed the international dateline while I soft reset the amp blocks, and the new blocks were reset to the previous settings?
I prefer the Warrimoo reset, which must be executed while simultaneously crossing the international date line and the equator at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve at the turn of the century....

Could we all be stuck in a repeating RESET LOOP where everyone keeps asking and answering the same reset questions only to go through it all over and over, again and again?

Is it possible that a large enough non-converging reset conversation ruptured the spacetime continuum? We Soft Reset then Hard Reset, then got caught in a resetting loop of time?

We could have sat at our computers, read this forum and had this conversation a dozen times already, even hundreds. It's impossible to tell. We could have been trapped here for hours, days, maybe years.

Luckily, Worf has the solution...

Could we all be stuck in a repeating RESET LOOP where everyone keeps asking and answering the same reset questions only to go through it all over and over, again and again?

Is it possible that a large enough non-converging reset conversation ruptured the spacetime continuum? We Soft Reset then Hard Reset, then got caught in a resetting loop of time?

We could have sat at our computers, read this forum and had this conversation a dozen times already, even hundreds. It's impossible to tell. We could have been trapped here for hours, days, maybe years.

Luckily, Worf has the solution...

Poor Agrajag....

I thought I knew the impact of a soft reset vs hard reset in an amp block but after reading this whole thread I think I am just confused... I agree with @yek we need to reset this thread. :)
hard reset fully resets everything.

soft reset resets some things.

if you want to reset everything do a hard reset when you start working with an amp. that's all there is to it.

hard reset fully resets everything.

soft reset resets some things.

if you want to reset everything do a hard reset when you start working with an amp. that's all there is to it.
That is what I originally thought... I am testing it all out tonight.

I have installed this firmware… and reset all my amp blocks using the Manage Presets function ;)
So new amp blocks are loaded but tone settings are kept untouched.
My presets are Austin Buddy’s « Naked amps ».
Globally, they sound now much warmer and natural, I like it : very natural feel, more relax.
I didn’t check if other amp block parameters have been modified by the « reset » though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom