Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the difference between

-Block
reset current chanels

-tools
manage presets
resets amp block

-setup
utilities
reset system parameter

witch is the hard reset and the soft reset?
Reset current channel is Hard.

Manage Presets Reset Amp is "special". The wiki link has been posted several times.

Reset System Parameters (plural) resets ALL global settings and it's not related to the discussion. Remove it from your brain ;)

@chris / @GlennO

You guys are both talking about adding the Amp block to an empty preset from the editor, right?

I suspect the "use the last settings" thing is an editor issue but I haven't checked from hardware yet.

Have either of you?

Reset current channel is Hard.

Manage Presets Reset Amp is "special". The wiki link has been posted several times.

Reset System Parameters (plural) resets ALL global settings and it's not related to the discussion. Remove it from your brain ;)
thanks. i will see in the wiki for the "special" reset amp block

@chris / @GlennO

You guys are both talking about adding the Amp block to an empty preset from the editor, right?

I suspect the "use the last settings" thing is an editor issue but I haven't checked from hardware yet.

Have either of you?

Same thing from the front panel. My understanding of the situation is: to take full advantage of the modeling enhancements, you must to do a reset when adding a new amp block to a preset. That's a little confusing, but in practice it may not be much of an issue IF the first thing you do after that is change the amp type, because that does an implicit reset.

[...]

Respectfully, I think there are enough folks on this thread confused about how exactly it works, including Fractal employees and prominent beta testers, that we can go easy on folks looking for summaries without reading through 37 pages of confusion, no?

(edit: removed quote due to misunderstanding of intent of an acronym usage. general point stands. thanks.)

Last edited:
Poss bug? Can anyone reproduce it? Not a bug - see next post.

I updated to this FW and reset all amp blocks.

I then picked factory preset #8 (and a few other random to test, actually).

I changed the cab from Legacy to DynaCab (leaving the default selections, or changing to another), but when I mute the cabs (by clicking the 'M' button) I can't then unmute them.

Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Poss bug? Can anyone reproduce it?

I updated to this FW and reset all amp blocks.

I then picked factory preset #8 (and a few other random to test, actually).

I changed the cab from Legacy to DynaCab (leaving the default selections, or changing to another), but when I mute the cabs (by clicking the 'M' button) I can't then unmute them.

Am I doing something wrong?
an early version of Axe-Edit beta had this bug.

the latest version does not: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...port-fw-25-00-public-beta.203032/post-2537706

install this latest version ^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom