Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@FractalAudio I feel this update is huge. Everything sounds better and most importantly, feels better. It's hard to explain, but it just does. I've been playing amp models I've never really cared for before. But they all just sound so great now.
Thank you SO much for all the hard work!

Awesome....I love when a firmware update makes amps that you've never connected with before give you pause as you discover something that speaks to you as you try them. That's always a good sign that something "under the hood" has changed, perhaps subtlety, perhaps dramatically...very exciting. I'm seriously enjoying the current firmware on the FM9 but posts like this definitely stoke the fires...very cool.

Be sure to back up your presets before you reset the amp block so you will have a record of all the settings and/or a file to revert to if necessary.

It amazes me how some people don't get the value of backups, or maybe are just too excited to dive into the newness of the firmware update. A complete backup takes just about the right amount of time to cover going to the kitchen and getting a beverage and/or a snack. Press the button, grab a snack, and come back to 100% rollback capability if needed. :) Win, win, win....

… A complete backup takes just about the right amount of time to cover going to the kitchen and getting a beverage and/or a snack. …
'zactly.

And, take the time to figure out a .bat or shell script file to compress backup files into a .zip file, and you'll save a BUNCH of disk space. On top of that, figure out how to automate archiving into a folder based on the name of the current firmware…. :)

'zactly.

And, take the time to figure out a .bat or shell script file to compress backup files into a .zip file, and you'll save a BUNCH of disk space. On top of that, figure out how to automate archiving into a folder based on the name of the current firmware…. :)

Bad, wicked, evil BAT. She's turned on our beacon again, which I just remembered is grail-shaped.... :)

BASH is my preference, or ZSH. :)

If I understand a soft resets is a reset amp block and a hard reset is setup utilities reset system Parameters?
No. Soft reset is changing to a different amp model, then back.

Hard reset is using the Block menu and choosing Reset block.

Resetting system parameters… resets system parameters which are primarily your Setup/Settings menus, FC layouts and other things. This does NOT change presets at all.

Hi! I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but is it also hard reset if you first reset the block but after that recall the settings from the block library? Just wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom