Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
keep in mind: if you're keeping old settings in the amps, you aren't hearing the full impact of the update. a soft-reset or hard-reset of the amps will reset advanced parameters to the new defaults, and then you'll hear what this update has to offer.

It's like all the harshness on my hi-gain presets disappeared in my headphones. It's amazing.
That’s cool to read that, I wasn’t dreaming.

But when I read « clarity » I don’t really have the same feel. Here the high gain things are « blurry » now

keep in mind: if you're keeping old settings in the amps, you aren't hearing the full impact of the update. a soft-reset or hard-reset of the amps will reset advanced parameters to the new defaults, and then you'll hear what this update has to offer.

This is what I will do later, I will reboot everything 👍🏻

If I want to make all the factory presets have this update correctly, I can just go into Manage Presets and select all of the factory presets and choose "Reset Amp Blocks" correct? Just wanted to verify before I do it. :)

That’s cool to read that, I wasn’t dreaming.

But when I read « clarity » I don’t really have the same feel. Here the high gain things are « blurry » now

This is what I will do later, I will reboot everything 👍🏻
This is what I think might be happening you will likely have to reset and then re tweak the bass mid treble and pres settings

Could be. I'm on a Mac, have the latest Axe Edit 1.13.15 & it says disconnected. I can't get it to see the Axe. Fractal-Bot & FracTool work just fine so I doubt it's a cable/USB port issue.
Well, I can run the editor with fw25/connect -- but that doesn't mean the editor is 100% compatible yet. So beware and let's all hear from Fractal Audio directly before you try to do anything with the last editor and new fw25.0. It may be that it is okay - but I never assume!

mac here too, no issue after installing.
I noticed the Axe wasn't being seen in the Mac audio preferences either. Restarting the Axe cleared it up. Axe Edit and the system prefs see it now.
Well, I can run the editor with fw25/connect -- but that doesn't mean the editor is 100% compatible yet. So beware and let's all hear from Fractal Audio directly before you try to do anything with the last editor and new fw25.0. It may be that it is okay - but I never assume!

@austinbuddy Yeah, I understand it may work but not be fully compatible but it wouldn't even connect to my Axe until I restarted it a second time after the firmware update. I thought it might be something specific with my setup since no one else had mentioned Edit not connecting. Anyway, it works now & the firmware sounds figging' great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom