Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New “Cygnus X-3” amp modeling:
  • Improved preamp algorithms.
  • Improved power amp algorithms.
  • Improved output transformer loss modeling.
  • Improved preamp supply voltage modeling.
  • Nearly all amp models have been “remastered” as a result of new measurement techniques and analytical methods.
Above all else, the accuracy of the modeling is what keeps me looking forward. Thank you FAS.

We got our hands on this yesterday, and it does change the amp’s sound.

Using the Preset Manager in Edit, I copied all my presets to a different section of the bank, then selected the copies and right clicked and let Edit do a soft-reset to them all at once. That makes it easier to bounce back and forth to compare. Some amps needed to be backed down because they were more aggressive, particularly a Lone Star and an ODS-100 preset. YMMV.

If you don’t know the difference between a soft-reset and hard then read "Reset the amp" in the Wiki.

These things are amazing, and I really appreciate Cliff’s march towards the most accurate modeling available.

Last edited:
To preserve all of our eq settings and such... can we use Fractool to reset the amps with the selected parameters chosen that we dont want to change? Just the eq's and volumes and such... It seems even the soft reset changes a fair amount of parameters back to default.

First impressions after running 200 presets :

A little bit more gain (?)

High gain tones are less defined, more "dirty/fuzzy"

Something happen in the bass/mids area

Less treble globally

No CPU change

The levelling is not really touched but yes some amps need to be ajusted in volume

Conclusion :

Don't sound "better" but dirtier, some may like, some not.

need to rework and control all the presets , scenes etc.

Also take it easy hm, these are the first feelings .
More amp dirt and less digital fizz sounds like a great combo to me
Hope this update make it to the fm3.

People that complain about new firmware.

Embarrassed Shame GIF

My current goto preset Orange TT feels like more guitar vibe is coming thru. Cleaner than before but more pronounced 'feel'.

People that complain about new firmware.
I completely understand why you would post this.
But there have been 15 new Axe-III firmwares since the large fonts debuted on the FM9.
It shouldn't be this hard to simply want to see your presets on stage.
Should we just be quiet and not say anything? Does that help anyone?
I'm happy for you that you are getting the features you want. I hope everyone does.

I completely understand why you would post this.
But there have been 15 new Axe-III firmwares since the large fonts debuted on the FM9.
It shouldn't be this hard to simply want to see your presets on stage.
Should we just be quiet and not say anything? Does that help anyone?
I'm happy for you that you are getting the features you want. I hope everyone does.
Asking is different than complaining. Some people ask. Some people complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom