Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.05 Release

I don't know why, but my Fractal Bot window showed no info whilst it was updating my firmware (as per the screen grab below). No ports, no file, no progress... I was using the just-updated latest Axe Edit.

The update completed fine (with the progress bar moving as normal on the hardware) but a strange anomaly (?)

View attachment 134324
Pretty much the same thing happened on my Windows 10 machine using the Fractal Bot in Axe Edit III. The exception being that when sending the file in step 3, the progress bar began and remained at 100% while sending the file to the Axe III. On the Axe III, the progress bar moved as usual and the firmware installed without issue.

I downloaded the firmware file from the Forum thread which is what I normally do without any issues. Don't know if the experience would be different if the FW file were to be downloaded with Fractal Bot.

I might be missing something. I loaded 24.05. I also loaded the new Axe Edit. On the Two-Stone J35, the Authentic Tone page is only showing Gain, Overdrive, and Master Volume?. What mistake did I make?

But the ports all show Axe Fx and have a green check. His did not...
Windows vs. macOS?

My screenshots were from the latest macOS version of Edit and its embedded Fractal-Bot. That's all I know at this point.

Windows is a miasma of drivers to me so what's causing that I don't know.

I might be missing something. I loaded 24.05. I also loaded the new Axe Edit. On the Two-Stone J35, the Authentic Tone page is only showing Gain, Overdrive, and Master Volume?. What mistake did I make?
The Two Stone PAB has the bypassed tone stack so those controls aren't authentically available. No mistake on your side, working as designed.

Windows vs. macOS?

My screenshots were from the latest macOS version of Edit and its embedded Fractal-Bot. That's all I know at this point.

Windows is a miasma of drivers to me so what's causing that I don't know.
On Windows 10 for me and also I think for @Gadget.

But I'm not sure what you're asking.

The screen shot you shared is very close to what he shared here (what it normally looks like in Windows for me, too):

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-24-05-release.201538/post-2518351

You can clearly see everything selected with green checks... Unlike in his problem post.

I don't know why, but my Fractal Bot window showed no info whilst it was updating my firmware (as per the screen grab below). No ports, no file, no progress... I was using the just-updated latest Axe Edit.

The update completed fine (with the progress bar moving as normal on the hardware) but a strange anomaly (?)

View attachment 134324
When you get that, follow the instructions in the field and select an input and output port.

Fixed excessive delay from Pitch block at first use if the Shift and Detune amounts are both 0.0.
Wow! This has fixed a pitch/delay timing issue I've had on a preset for the looongest time....amazing!!
THANK YOU!

Back
Top Bottom