Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.03 Release

You might think it's "friendly" but the constant criticism lately has really taken the joy out of things.

When I read this a saying came to mind, which is "Pioneers take the arrows....".

I'd wager real money that the overwhelming majority of Fractal users see the hundreds of things you do absolutely right, and marvel at the technology that you've brought about and boundaries pushed in tube emulation....I know I do. As always, kudos and thanks for the continued effort. FAS tech is cutting edge and absolutely fascinating.

The model is now based on a Silver Jubilee. The Lerxst is actually almost identical except for the taper of the mid control. In a Silver Jubilee the mid pot is log, in the Lerxst it's linear. Guess Alex likes mids.

So if you want the sound of the old model turn up the mids.

FWIW, Alex actually signed my Lerxst. Probably worth some bucks but I'll never sell it because he's one of my heroes.

I love his guitar playing across the board. The guitar solo in La Villa Strangiato is a masterpiece.

He’s definitely mixed in my top 10 guitar heroes.

Sorry the product doesn't meet your expectations. I will endeavor to do better in the future.
Look man, the product is GREAT! I tell everybody I can how freakin great it is!!!!!
Don't even for a second think that I don't absolutely love this product. Best cash I have ever spent on gear ...PERIOD!
I just think the Brit Silver should have been named the Lerxst not trying to identify as a real Jubilee when it does not.
For the love of God, you just added that ch volume to the JS JVM....why not do it for the JUBILEE?
The Jubilee isn't even my favorite Marshall but it is a really nice one to use in mixes with other Marshalls like the Plexis and 800 etc which are PERFECT!!!!!
Look, when I think of Fractal the first thing that comes to my mind is PERFECTION.
Fix it Cliff!

You might think it's "friendly" but the constant criticism lately has really taken the joy out of things.

I genuinely hope you see the earnest praise and adoration for your platform, and it all balances out. I'm happy with my FM9 as it is NOW for sure, and not overzealously drooling over a firmware to come OR whining about a value that's off in a new amp. I JUST laid down two new tracks with a studio project of mine, and it had everything I needed and waaaaay more.

Anyone who has experience with the real Jubilee knows that about the pull rhythm clip on the lead ch. Oddly, you can find the rare person who likes that on....??? I don't know why? It does work well on the clean ch and is probably why Joe Bonamassa likes the amp.
So, put it on the clean ch, set the gain to about 5 and pull the rhythm clip.........Killer blues tones here.

When it comes to the lead channel, the amp has loads of different tones in there depending on the Gain-EQ-"Lead Master" settings. The key point here is that "Lead Master" knob.

From an experienced Jubilee owner:
The amp sounds best with the gain always around 5 give or take a little. Too much and it gets muddy. When you need more gain, you lower the Master Output volume and crank the "Lead Master" up. Need more? Add a boost in front. Now, do you want it to be a two channel amp? Forget it! Marshall should have made to versions of this amp 1) The "Killer Blues" with only the clean ch and the pull rhythm clip - EQ and Output Master. I bet you this is how JB is using his. Then the 2) Killer Plexi to DSL version. This only has the lead ch with no pull rhythm clip along with the EQ AND MOST IMPORTANTLY the "LEAD MASTER" and Output Master. Oh, and to make this 2nd version even better, ship it with JJ E34L power tubes.

So, again, please model this amp correctly!

I have owned the AF3 now for almost 3 years. When I first got it, being a Marshall JMP-1 fan, I said, "Nope....does not sound like the JMP-1". I was right. You fixed that and it is perfect now. Huge thank you!!!
Now, I am also a big fan of the Jubilee series, From the get go 3 years ago....Nope ...does not sound like a Jubilee! No Lead Master knob and it just sounds weird.
Please....FIX THIS!!!!!
ADD the "Lead Master" control!!!!! That control is the heart and soul of the lead channel.
You can always send Cliff your code for this amp model & show him how it's done or demand a full refund for what you paid for this firmware update. It clearly does not meet your lofty standards!
Look man, the product is GREAT! I tell everybody I can how freakin great it is!!!!!
Don't even for a second think that I don't absolutely love this product. Best cash I have ever spent on gear ...PERIOD!
I just think the Brit Silver should have been named the Lerxst not trying to identify as a real Jubilee when it does not.
For the love of God, you just added that ch volume to the JS JVM....why not do it for the JUBILEE?
The Jubilee isn't even my favorite Marshall but it is a really nice one to use in mixes with other Marshalls like the Plexis and 800 etc which are PERFECT!!!!!
Look, when I think of Fractal the first thing that comes to my mind is PERFECTION.
Fix it Cliff!
Geez, you have all the tact of a sledgehammer that just got dredged out after 35 years in a septic tank!

Back
Top Bottom