Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.02 Beta #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody has that preset, factory preset Double Verb

I did not do that

I don't know what is relevant and what is not for Cliff. Be more precise.

What is a global block (definition)? GEQ?

Standard preset = factory

A video is clearer than any description
Factory presets can become corrupt & if that is the issue, there is no way for Cliff to see that without you doing what he asks. Cliff is the only one coding for the Axe III & doesn't have time to go on a wild goose chase. Have fun fixing the issue yourself! Later!!

And not my configurations of the FX III?
When the system OS gets upgraded, it sometimes has to manipulate the preset(s) to meet the new feature set.
I would recommend creating a fresh preset with the minimal blocks where you think the issue is happeneing and see if you can replicate the issue. If you can't then the preset may have issues or be corrupt. If you can then please post it and others can see if they have the same issue with that posted simplified preset.

Just a thought: using a form or GitHub or something similar to collect bug reports would probably save time for Cliff and a lot of hurt feelings from people reporting because writing good bug reports freehand is pretty hard and a form would remind people what is needed to submit a good one.

Well, I switched back to 23.05. after testing some Gary Moore presets from AXEchange. I got some hanging red input lights but AXE FX did not crash totally.

Just changed cmp to looper and changed preset but with 23.05 the error occurs too. Double Verb preset 😪

Presets work fine here.

This thread is about firmware 24.02. Regardless, I cannot reproduce that error.

I will reinstall 24.02b1 tomorrow and try it again. If error still exist, I make a backup, reset of AXE FX, test it and recover my settings and test it again. Merry Christmas.

It depends how load Output Volume 1 is set. I hear a short "clink" sound when I replace the wah with the looper and just if output vol pot is on full, its led shows red all the time. If it is not on full, it is only on red shortly together with that sound. I also had this sound, when I pressed Begin (Update) in Fractal Bot. I installed 24.02b1 again. Same result.

Switch between Deluxe Verb and Double Verb and replace of Wah to Looper in Double Verb
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/attachments/20231224_175804-gif.131933/
Presets and settings refer to attachment

Attachments

• Deluxe Verb.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Double Verb.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IIIMk2-231224-160059-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Just a thought: using a form or GitHub or something similar to collect bug reports would probably save time for Cliff and a lot of hurt feelings from people reporting because writing good bug reports freehand is pretty hard and a form would remind people what is needed to submit a good one.

Mh, I think he needs a feature in AXEedit which supports the user to easily collect all the data he needs and no feature to pain the customer.

AxeEdit already can access/start Fractal-Bot. He just needs an interface to send commands to Frac-Bot to collect all he needs. User needs a comment text field and the possibility to select the presets which have a bug (1 or 2 if switch between both is the issue) and a send button to FAS backend. Good night and Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
I’ve been a software engineer, tech lead, software architect, and now staff software engineer over the last 17 years. Full system design from database to front-end and everything in between. Someone comes here and says they know what they are talking about because of work?!?

What work? You Know better because you are in some form of tech? For every one good tech person I’ve worked with there have been 100 bad. Just because you can draw some parallels doesn’t mean you know how to do something better. If a dev I worked with says I need logs or I can’t fix it I’d likely want them gone. They are one of many tools that can be made available to troubleshoot an issue. I think the process laid out by Cliff is more than reasonable. If they need more they will provide a way to get it. Processes can evolve over time if necessary…

Oh and Merry Christmas FAS Team. I for one appreciate all the hard work over 2023! I still feel like my devices were cheap for the quality of the hardware, what’s available, and the rate of improvement/advancement over my relatively short period of ownership compared to many here!!!

Hell, I thought we were all just guitar players.
Ha! I wish! My love of music and guitar has overtaken my love of tech. After over a decade hiatus of guitar I’ve picked it up again. Learned and grown a lot since 2020. Have a long way to go to make any kind of career out of it.

Switch between Deluxe Verb and Double Verb and replace of Wah to Looper in Double Verb
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/attachments/20231224_175804-gif.131933/
Presets and settings refer to attachment

I cleared all presets, did a reboot, reinstalled the "Factory Preset Banks A, B and C for CYGNUS Mar 8, 2022", tried to replace the Wah with the Looper in Layout and if the Out 1 Speaker is a bit about noon the loud short sound hearable and Out 1 and 2 show red.

REASON: Well, the preset is not the reason, it's the GEQ 1 and GEQ 4 I use (refer to signature). If I set it to Off there is no issue anymore. If I activate the parametic GEQ 1 and 4 again, I get again the red levels and sound. That's not good for my ears and possibly dangerous.

I cleared all presets, did a reboot, reinstalled the "Factory Preset Banks A, B and C for CYGNUS Mar 8, 2022", tried to replace the Wah with the Looper in Layout and if the Out 1 Speaker is a bit about noon the loud short sound hearable and Out 1 and 2 show red.

REASON: Well, the preset is not the reason, it's the GEQ 1 and GEQ 4 I use (refer to signature). If I set it to Off there is no issue anymore. If I activate the parametic GEQ 1 and 4 again, I get again the red levels and sound. That's not good for my ears and possibly dangerous.
I'm confused.

What is "output 1 Speaker"?

What does "replace the Wah with the Looper in Layout" mean? Layouts don't affect audio. Do you mean you replaced the Wah block in the preset with a Looper block?

What is a "parametric GEQ"?
How is a factory preset affected by your own EQ blocks?

Edit:

Nevermind - I see that you are using the Global EQs.

GEQ == Graphic EQ (not Global EQ)

So you mean when you are using global parametric EQ

I'm confused.

What is "output 1 Speaker"?
OUT 1 pot on the housing

What does "replace the Wah with the Looper in Layout" mean? Layouts don't affect audio. Do you mean you replaced the Wah block in the preset with a Looper block?
Yes. It does, a crazy short sound, I would upload a video+audio instead of gif, but here it's not possible. But I need to set my GEQ 1+4 and pot over noon.

What is a "parametric GEQ"?
(Parametric) EQ 1+4 in Globals Settings

How is a factory preset affected by your own EQ blocks?

Edit:

Nevermind - I see that you are using the Global EQs.

GEQ == Graphic EQ (not Global EQ)

So you mean when you are using global parametric EQ
Yes.

Sorry, I'm fighting with the namings and my 10 years English @ school long time ago ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom