Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.01 Release

I think you guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill. The guy thought it was a stable release, free of bugs. That's why some wait for it to make it out of beta. He didn't disrespect FAS, he just had an expectation. Cliff, with pure class, apologized for not living up to said expectation. All is good...No need for long fanboism rants.

Last edited:
So I guess I'll be the jerk here.
Whats with the rapid fire firmware updates that haven't been in beta long enough? If I choose to download a beta, I expect bugs and will do my part in reporting them.
If I download a non beta firmware update I expect it to be gig ready. I don't think this is unreasonable.
I'm a working musician, I chose Fractal because it's professional grade.
I do not wish to beta test a product that has an official release firmware. My expectation is that it is bug free and functions as intended.

That's a reasonable expectation, but....

The "rapid fire" I would worry about if I was you is rapidly installing any firmware so soon after it's released. If you're in a gigging situation where you can't tolerate any bugs, you should wait a good long time after any firmware update is released before installing it. And maybe ask yourself if you need that update at all.

If this is a dumb question forgive me but I installed the 24.02 Beta but am not seeing the Mark V? Am I losing it or is there something I did wrong?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom